Mom Confessions

Anonymous
I just realized we can't afford Christmas...
by Anonymous
November 29, 2012 at 6:33 PM

I did all the math on our bills over $1000 due this month most overdue. My daughter is 3 and learned about Santa this year at school, and my son is 1 and doesn't no better so I'm thinking I'll just say Santa forgot? I don't know what to. We already cut back on everything and were still drowning. We don't qualify for any PA, because of my husbands unemployment and the vaule of my car. I can barely keep food on the table. I can't sell my car cause its the only one we have and it's not worth that much. We're both looking for jobs but can't find any. I just don't know what to do. Thanks for listening. 

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 29, 2012 at 7:18 PM
    I'm sorry but here in Alabama they are done :(

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

that isnt true... where i am locals are just starting now and through local groups, they always accept people

Quoting Anonymous:

Most if not all of those are done by Thanksgiving and after that don't accept anyone :'(

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

angel tree, toys for tots, church donations, local charity groups

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 29, 2012 at 7:20 PM

For one....it's not like christmas can sneak up on you.  It's the same time every year.  This is why you plan and prepare.  So your bills are $1000?  I feel you.  I feel like we are drowning constanty...especially if I have a short paycheck.  But you know what?  My son will have a full christmas tree.  Why?  Because I planned.  I know Christmas is Secember 25th.  EVERY YEAR.  the day doesn't change.  I started buying one gift a week back in the summer.  For the bigger gifts, I would set $20 out of every paycheck.  Why not be smart about it?  The angel tree annoys me when it comes to people like you who don't prepare.

That is all.  Call me a bitch, but I don't care.  We are poor, but still have food on the table, bills are paid, and my son will have a christmas   (even though gifts don't make christmas)

• mamacough
    November 29, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Hugs and mommy time are free. "Santa" can bring recycled gifts from the closet to a two year old.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 29, 2012 at 7:22 PM

just realized? 

• jeannie39

There are several places to go and get help with food, bills and Christmas. If your only income is UB, you should qualify for food stamps. You said you have a car, use it, you have to help yourself before anyone else can help you. You typed this post on a computer, therefore you have something to pawn. If there is a will there is a way. You have a little under a month to do something, go do it instead of thinking you are helpless.

I don't say these things to mean, but really, saying Santa forgot. IMO, thats a cop out. A 1 and 3 yr. old won't care if there gift costs much, go to the Dollar Tree. If dd is in school, she will get something there, even if its only a coloring book and crayons. I really hope you take a positive look at your life instead of concentrating on the negative things. Good luck and if you want a Merry Christmas, make it happen.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    Crafts.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    Okay this will. Sound harshbut its true Xmas comes once a year are you telling me over the last 12 month you couldn't put or grab a few things? I get times are tough and skimming back I get it. Been there and it sucked but nothing? Come on ladies
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 29, 2012 at 7:23 PM
    Trust me 3 and 1 they won't remember.
  • ccoyle4
    by ccoyle4
    November 29, 2012 at 7:24 PM

This.  My health went downhill FAST back in June.  I was then diagnosed with MS after about $20,000 in medical bills from all the freaking testing.  I had to "retire" from my awesome paying job becaue it wasn't safe for me or my patients to continue working and had to get a crappy paying job.  I alone am bringing in $3000 less a month than I used to.  I have sold all kinds of crap of MINE so I could make sure bills were paid and my son had christmas presents. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I pawned my digital camera tv dvd player and jewelery so I could afford atleast a few things for my children. I'm not working due to serious medical problems but I refuse to allow my children to go without atleast a couple things for christmas. Nothing I own is more important than my children.

• Blessedlife79
    November 29, 2012 at 7:25 PM
    Pm me. I will help :)

Mom Confessions