Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
A 3 year old sitting like a baby?
by Anonymous
November 28, 2012 at 10:39 PM

My son is 3, almost 4 and I was chatting with another mom at his school today while I was waiting to pick my boy up. We continued our conversation and walked in to the parking lot together. I was parked right next to her! We kept talking while my son got in to his seat and her daughter got in to hers. But it was the weirdest thing. Her daughter was backwards in the seat, you know like how you put a baby in.

I've never seen this before is this because she has some sort of disability or something? I didn't want to be insensitive and ask the mom. Does anyone know what that could be?

Replies

• LeiahAsh2012
    November 28, 2012 at 10:46 PM
    This. We our DS was rear facing until a month ago. He's 4.

Quoting jillbailey26:

It's extended rear facing.  Most likely she had a convertible seat.  It's proven to be safer.  The AAP actually recommends that you keep them rear facing until 2 or they reach the rear facing limits of the seat.

• Anonymous 8
    by Anonymous 8
    So keeping your child safe is ridiculous?

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah ive heard of people keeping their kids rear facing that long - they say as long as the restricts on the seat allow for it its safe. personally i think its alittle ridiculous.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster

Quoting jillbailey26:

It's extended rear facing.  Most likely she had a convertible seat.  It's proven to be safer.  The AAP actually recommends that you keep them rear facing until 2 or they reach the rear facing limits of the seat.

Thank you for explaining it. I've never heard of it before. My son had an infant carrier that was backwards but when he was old enough we had to turn it around and get him a new seat.

• Mommynwife26
    November 28, 2012 at 10:47 PM
    Its called extended rear facing. My dd is 2 and stil rearfacing and she will till 35lbs
  • Ultra_
    by Ultra_
    November 28, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Now tons of moms keep the kids facing the back of the car like babies do. It's safer if there is an accident. 

• Anonymous 8
    by Anonymous 8
    November 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM
    So you don't research on your own before making life decisions for your child(ren)? You just blindly do what you see others doing? Wow.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry. They didn't cover car seats in college. 

Quoting flcowgrl23:

Wow. Education is a beautiful thing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting flcowgrl23:

A lot of moms rear face until 4 or even 5 depending on seat limitations. It's much safer than forward facing.

I don't understand

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster

Quoting Anonymous:

Can't decide if trolling or just ignorant. :-(

We can't all be experts on everything. I am ignorant about rear facing, I guess. That's why people ask questions. 

• KayelynnsMama

DD will be 3 in March. She still rear faces.AKA 'sits like a baby.'

My step daughter is 4 and a half and just turned forward facing about a month ago when she outgrew her seat.

• Ber-Lynn
    Oh no honey, lots of moms rear face to 3 or 4.
  • Anonymous 9
    by Anonymous 9
    Is your name Whitney by chance? Lol

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email