Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
A 3 year old sitting like a baby?
by Anonymous
November 28, 2012 at 10:39 PM

My son is 3, almost 4 and I was chatting with another mom at his school today while I was waiting to pick my boy up. We continued our conversation and walked in to the parking lot together. I was parked right next to her! We kept talking while my son got in to his seat and her daughter got in to hers. But it was the weirdest thing. Her daughter was backwards in the seat, you know like how you put a baby in.

I've never seen this before is this because she has some sort of disability or something? I didn't want to be insensitive and ask the mom. Does anyone know what that could be?

Replies

• flcowgrl23
    November 28, 2012 at 10:40 PM
    A lot of moms rear face until 4 or even 5 depending on seat limitations. It's much safer than forward facing.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 28, 2012 at 10:41 PM
    It's called extended rear facing.
  • summerbear
    Some moms rear face for an extended period due to weight or height. It is a safety thing. You are supposed to rear face til 2 years now.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster

Quoting flcowgrl23:

A lot of moms rear face until 4 or even 5 depending on seat limitations. It's much safer than forward facing.

I don't understand

• CheesyKitty
    November 28, 2012 at 10:42 PM
    Ohhh goodness. Buckle up for this ride.
  • flcowgrl23
    Wow. Education is a beautiful thing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting flcowgrl23:

I don't understand

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    You mean "rear facing"?
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    November 28, 2012 at 10:43 PM
    It's called rear facing , it's not that difficult of a topic to grasp.
  • jillbailey26

It's extended rear facing.  Most likely she had a convertible seat.  It's proven to be safer.  The AAP actually recommends that you keep them rear facing until 2 or they reach the rear facing limits of the seat.

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    Lmao...how old are you? Its called extended rear facing. Its safer than forward facing.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts