Mom Confessions

mamabear55
S/O of is it ok to leave her 1 year old in the tub
November 28, 2012 at 9:17 PM

After I asked that question and read a lot of replies, I started wondering about this.

I stay right beside the tub the entire time my son is in there. After I wash him, if he wants to play for an hour, I stay; he is 3.

That being said, I agree that your child could fall, hit their head and drown in the few seconds you are gone, but couldn't they do that while you are right there?  I have non slip bath mat and I make my son sit everytime he stands, but it only takes a second.  That's super scary to me!

Replies

• vrbtnseele
    November 28, 2012 at 9:18 PM
    It could happen there or not. 3 or 10.
  • TSNDDY
    by TSNDDY
    November 28, 2012 at 9:18 PM
    If you are right there, you can pull them out in an instant. If you aren't right there it could take to long for you to realize something happened.
  • Youngmother456
    November 28, 2012 at 9:19 PM
    Or 15 or 30 really... I still think you should be in the room or make them sing for several years

Quoting vrbtnseele:

It could happen there or not. 3 or 10.

• wyldebtrfly
    November 28, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Things can happen when you're there, yes, but if you're there you can act quickly. A few moments can save a life.

• sparklebug86
    November 28, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I leave my 2 and 3 y/o but I have a couple of feet away cleaning up their rooms.... 

a 1 year old, too young I think

• Nikki.Michelle
    November 28, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I dont really know, accidents can happen no matter where you are, or how much of a helicopter parent you let yourself become. I haven't reached the age where I can even leave the bathroom for 1 second with Jessa yet, she's only 8 months. I think at 5 or 6 will be when I will even start considering leaving the bathroom if I forget a towel or something.

I mean, its not THAT hard to wait until a kid is done in the tub, get them out, and THEN go on a search WITH THEM for a towel or clothes.

• Hannahluvsdogs
    November 28, 2012 at 9:23 PM

This

Quoting TSNDDY:

If you are right there, you can pull them out in an instant. If you aren't right there it could take to long for you to realize something happened.

• kidlover2
    November 28, 2012 at 9:24 PM
    This

Quoting sparklebug86:

I leave my 2 and 3 y/o but I have a couple of feet away cleaning up their rooms.... 

a 1 year old, too young I think

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    November 28, 2012 at 9:24 PM

My 3.5 year old takes a shower with the door open and she has to talk to me the whole time she is in the shower so if I didn't hear her voice, I would be there in two seconds (I'm usually folding laundry right outside against the wall).

My almost 19 month old has constant supervision.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 28, 2012 at 9:27 PM

i agree... add in that a 1 year old is still learning (for the most part) how to walk and balance themselves out... lets add in that its BATHTIME! i dont know about your kids, but my boy LOVED to 'hulk smash' the water even at 1-- which resulted in him standing, slamming his hands on the water and falling forward a few times. he was still slipping when he was 3 trying to do it! lol

Quoting wyldebtrfly:

Things can happen when you're there, yes, but if you're there you can act quickly. A few moments can save a life.

Mom Confessions