Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
CrystalLMaben
Am I Wrong
November 27, 2012 at 5:47 PM
My son is only 6mths so this yr I don't have to worry about it, but I don't know if I wqnt my son to believe in Santa. Or the tooth fairy or any of those other mythical creatures. Don't get me wrong. I like Santa as the face of Christmas(I like to decorate with him and read stories and even movies) but I feel like my dh works too hard to provide for us and now to buy gifts for our ds to let some myth take all the credit. Problem is I don't wanna ruin it for other peoples children and idk how to explain to him that Santa is justa fictional character(a mascot) for Christmas? Lol I know I'm ahead of myself but Idk what I'm gna do next year. Should I just let him believe?

Replies

• CrystalLMaben
    November 27, 2012 at 6:03 PM
    Wtf does Jesus have to do with Santa? Smh. This has nothing to do with religion jackass

Quoting Anonymous:

• Sandiekd21

My Dh and I feel the same way. He works too hard for the fat man (no offense) to get all the credit. But what we do is 'we' buy all but one present. We let the kids think that Santa brings them one present and fills the stockings.
    Other than that, we get them gifts.

• marinenonstop
    Lmao i busted out laughing!

Quoting Anonymous:

• Lydlou02
    November 27, 2012 at 6:04 PM
    Tell him about St Nickolas. Tell him the true story and then explain that some families like to pretend he's still around.
    Maybe something about how the real magic of xmas is the Joy of giving, without personal gain or recognition.
  • matofour
    November 27, 2012 at 6:06 PM
    I don't need the recognition, either does my husband.
    They will figure it out eventually.
    Until then, I don't need any credit.
    For me holidays are about making memories, magic and fun.
    I don't have to take the credit for all of that. Seems silly to me, and slightly immature and selfish to not want a kid to believe in Santa because you want credit for presents.
  • uriahadel
    November 27, 2012 at 6:06 PM
    My kids think santa gives them 1 gift each, and they know we give them the rest... they write a list the night before christmas and bake chocolate chip cookies (my favorite) with a glass of milk and put one gift on their list that they want really bad and that is what santa brings them... the rest comes from mommy and daddy... they are now six and two... so maybe you can do that as a tradition or something like that
  • areyouatroll
    November 27, 2012 at 6:08 PM

• mom2colbyj
    November 27, 2012 at 6:12 PM

In our house Santa brings 1 gift and everything else is from us. Santa also doesn't bring electronics.

• stellarmom1
    November 27, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I agree.  Children don't believe in that type of stuff for that long, and later on they will understand where it came from. I look back as an adult and I'm very thankful for what "santa" brought because I know how poor we were when I was a child.  I think it's magical for a kids to have something like that to believe in for a while and I don't really understand needing credit for it.  I think it feels good to watch my kids open up presents to see that Santa knew just what to buy! That's just me though.

Quoting gwebkeijmmm:

I think it's ridiculous to feel like you (or your SO) need to "take credit" for buying stuff, like it's really going to matter to a child of that age.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts