Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
endoftheworld
For those of you pro-lifers who are like YAY Texas makes them see an ultrasound
November 27, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I have a friend who lives in Texas. She had an abortion recentally. Basically, this ultrasound shit is a deterrant. It is meant to deter women from even thinking of an abortion. But if they can get over the fear of seeing the ultrasound and having it explained, it doesn't happen. My friend's doctor told her not to worry, the nurse basically told her she was fully allowed to place her hands over her ears, to close her eyes the entire time, and the ultrasound tech spoke so low, she didn't hear a thing. She was told that most of the doctors are doing the same thing, that this is more of a deterrant, but it doesn't truly happen. Go Texas.

I am pro-choice, so I am VERY happy that is what most of them are doing. :)

eye rollingLOL. Go pro-lifers! After all you've changed NOTHING. Doctors who dont agree with abortion would never perform one anyway, and the ones who do agree say slap your hands over your ears and close your eyes. LOL! :)

Replies

• ctaylor1211
    November 27, 2012 at 11:28 AM

kinda sad you are so happy your friend murdered her child wow you should feel proud of yourself...abortion is not a form of birth control so these pathetic floozies out there are out there getting pregnant and then killing the baby.  They know what they are doing when they lay down and they know the risk.  It's called protection and birth control for a reason so those that don't want kids don't have to have kids not so you can go sleep around and then fix it by killing an innocent baby

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    November 27, 2012 at 11:28 AM
    Exactly! Since when do "womens rights" translate to "close your eyes and ears, be ignorant while you make decisions!" half (ok probably more, I'm just making sure I'm not exaggerating) of the women I know who aborted-regret it. Why? Because they made the decision without actually SEEING it. After the fact there was depression, and resentment. Even my friend who doesn't regret it, regrets that she didn't look into it more! This is coming from a totally pro choice woman who encouraged two of her friends to abort pregnancies. One of them became suicidal afterward because she looked into abortion more thoroughly AFTER the fact and wasn't comfortable with it. Ladies, if we want to make decisions, we shouldn't do it while ignoring the facts. If a woman wants an abortion and feels good with it, an ultrasound won't change that. It will only deter the ones who aren't comfortable with it, and would probably regret and suffer mentally from following through uneducated/informed.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't see why this is an infringement of a women's rights. She can still have her abortion but she will be able to make a more educated decision hopefully.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM
    If she's going to do it anyway then what does it matter? There are some women who would change their minds, yes, but there are women who decide on abortion because of the fear of genetic and hereditary illnesses, abnormalities, etc. An ultrasound could help relieve some of these fears.

Quoting endoftheworld:

She isn't a coward. She knows what an abortion does. Everyone does. We don't need to know anything because we are women, we know what an abortion is and what it does. This is a stupid scare tactic, a guilt trip, etc. This is not medically neccessary and isn't something we don't understand.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's really too bad. She's too much of a coward to see the baby before she kills it.

Quoting endoftheworld:

Once again nothing has really changed. My friend heard nothing at all, so.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't see why this is an infringement of a women's rights. She can still have her abortion but she will be able to make a more educated decision hopefully.

• emeraldangel2.0
    November 27, 2012 at 11:30 AM

i saw mine. you know what i saw? something that didn't resemble a baby at all. i went through with the abortion, and i still don't regret it. it's been almost 4 years

Quoting Anonymous:

Exactly! Since when do "womens rights" translate to "close your eyes and ears, be ignorant while you make decisions!" half (ok probably more, I'm just making sure I'm not exaggerating) of the women I know who aborted-regret it. Why? Because they made the decision without actually SEEING it. After the fact there was depression, and resentment. Even my friend who doesn't regret it, regrets that she didn't look into it more! This is coming from a totally pro choice woman who encouraged two of her friends to abort pregnancies. One of them became suicidal afterward because she looked into abortion more thoroughly AFTER the fact and wasn't comfortable with it. Ladies, if we want to make decisions, we shouldn't do it while ignoring the facts. If a woman wants an abortion and feels good with it, an ultrasound won't change that. It will only deter the ones who aren't comfortable with it, and would probably regret and suffer mentally from following through uneducated/informed.

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 27, 2012 at 11:31 AM
    You know what does have a purpose? CONTRACEPTIVES. Pregnancy is 100% preventable. The majority of hospitals even give emergency contraceptives to rape victims.

Quoting endoftheworld:

Again, unless you have some serious mental disorder, women know what abortions are and what they do. This is completely unneccessary and meant as nothing more than a scare tactic, and a guilt trip. It serves no purpose.

Quoting Anonymous:

It isn't. They just don't want to have to see a healthy-growing baby before they kill it.

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    November 27, 2012 at 11:32 AM
    I dont understand people who are up in arms over government healthcare intruding in their private lives but think this is ok.
  • endoftheworld
    November 27, 2012 at 11:33 AM

She had a mirena. Oh wow, look at that, she WAS trying to prevent.

Quoting Anonymous:

You know what does have a purpose? CONTRACEPTIVES. Pregnancy is 100% preventable. The majority of hospitals even give emergency contraceptives to rape victims.

Quoting endoftheworld:

Again, unless you have some serious mental disorder, women know what abortions are and what they do. This is completely unneccessary and meant as nothing more than a scare tactic, and a guilt trip. It serves no purpose.

Quoting Anonymous:

It isn't. They just don't want to have to see a healthy-growing baby before they kill it.

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    November 27, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I can't believe that women are being forced to do this, honestly. 

It is a womans choice weather or not she gives BIRTH, it is HER BODY! 

SMH!

• mommyrustina
    November 27, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Because awesome decisions are often made with your eyes closed and with hands over your ears.

Your post actually gives more ammunition to the pro-life side, excellent work.

• LoriLou75
    November 27, 2012 at 11:34 AM
    Its fucking awful that this has to be done! It all boils down to controlling women,........ sickening!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts