Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
How to tell a Mom nicely those snacks are not for my kids? **UPDATE**
by Anonymous
November 27, 2012 at 2:32 AM

So it is difficult for me to find other Mommy friends for various reasons--ages of parents, ages of kids, sex of kids, etc., but there is this little boy that my daughter grew up with basically and are really good friends, anyway, so we went to their house for a playdate and the snacks were just fully loaded with sugar and the lunch that she served consisted of mini hot dogs and bagel bites.  I just always try to hit the 4 food groups with each meal and reduce the amount of sugar they get throughout the day. 

Should I say something or just brush it off?

I did bring them water and snacks if they wanted something and planned on leaving before lunch but they pleaded with us to stay until the other kids arrived.

UPDATE:  I got the point and usually stop reading after 20 replies.

Replies

• pce68
    by pce68
    November 27, 2012 at 11:30 PM

One of my dd's friend's mom always asked me to bring a lunch for my dd when they had a playdate. I wasn't offended by it.

Quoting Bonita131:

Quoting pce68:

Why don't you bring a lunch for your dd next time you have a playdate? If they ask why, just say uour dd is a very picky eater, and it's just easier if you bring food for her.

How insulting to the playdate mother.

• ididntdoit111
    November 27, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Let it go. Junk food once in a while won't hurt!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 27, 2012 at 11:44 PM

LOL!! LOL!! WOW!! Blaming that on her OWN MOM?? I'm glad you owned up to it! ( :

Quoting Anonymous:

She blamed it on her own mom haha it wasn't till about couple weeks later that I brought it up again and couldn't keep a straight face :) I wanted her to know I was the brains behind it

Quoting Anonymous:

ROFL!! ROFL!! That is SO FUNNY--the bag of treats!!! That is GREAT! How did they not figure out it was you that did it? Just wondering.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ppl are weird! I think they lose sight on their good memories or the good memories they could be making with their own... They are so caught up on trying to be perfect lol its sad!

For my cousins LOs bday I gave time a bag with nothing but treats and left it unsigned haha she was pretty pissed but everyone else had a good laugh about it :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Your cousin sounds like my cousin's WIFE!!! She is SO WEIRD!!! Her kids RARELY EVER get treats!! She lets them go Trick or Treating, but when they get home from getting the candy, they are allowed ONLY 5 pieces of candy to keep and the rest of the candy gets thrown in the trash!!!! I'm like SERIOUSLY?? What the heck is the point of going Trick or Treating if 99% of the candy is going to be thrown away??? I mean I don't let my kids just sit there and eat ALL of their Halloween candy in one sitting! We let them have some candy on Halloween. Then we put up their candy where they cannot get to it. We give them a few pieces each day, until the candy is gone!

Quoting Anonymous:

Just let it go... If it didn't kill us growing up it won't kill them :)

I have a cousin who won't let her son have anything other than healthy snacks and food and honestly I find it a lil annoying... Let them have a lil something on special occasions, holidays, bdays...

• Ireallydontcare
    November 28, 2012 at 12:06 AM

We eat organic, grow our own food, raise our own meat, yadda yadda yaddam, but damn sometimes a freaking hot dog ONCE IN A WHILE is damn good. It is not all day everyday. Let it go.

• meparty
    by meparty
    November 28, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Its a freaking play date, its not gonna kill him.

• BShip2010
    November 28, 2012 at 12:21 AM

I think once in a while shouldn't be such a big deal.

• Bonita131
    November 28, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Quoting pce68:

One of my dd's friend's mom always asked me to bring a lunch for my dd when they had a playdate. I wasn't offended by it.

Quoting Bonita131:

Quoting pce68:

Why don't you bring a lunch for your dd next time you have a playdate? If they ask why, just say uour dd is a very picky eater, and it's just easier if you bring food for her.

How insulting to the playdate mother.

Being asked to bring a lunch or snack is a lot different than taking a lunch or snack when you have not been asked to. If you take a lunch without being asked, you are insulting the playdate mother who has gone out of her way to provide lunch or a snack for the children.  Seriously, how hard is that for you to understand?

• 1boy1girlmama
    November 28, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Meh. It's one day. I would just let it go. Now if you ate lunch over there all the time then maybe avoid the lunch hour. However, like I said one day of having mini corndogs and bagle bites aren't going to throw the kid over the edge, especially if you normally eat healthy. 

• littleladiesx3
    November 28, 2012 at 2:46 AM

mmmm. bagel bites are SO ADDICTING. I have a hard time sharing those with the kids.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts