Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
How to tell a Mom nicely those snacks are not for my kids? **UPDATE**
by Anonymous
November 27, 2012 at 2:32 AM

So it is difficult for me to find other Mommy friends for various reasons--ages of parents, ages of kids, sex of kids, etc., but there is this little boy that my daughter grew up with basically and are really good friends, anyway, so we went to their house for a playdate and the snacks were just fully loaded with sugar and the lunch that she served consisted of mini hot dogs and bagel bites.  I just always try to hit the 4 food groups with each meal and reduce the amount of sugar they get throughout the day. 

Should I say something or just brush it off?

I did bring them water and snacks if they wanted something and planned on leaving before lunch but they pleaded with us to stay until the other kids arrived.

UPDATE:  I got the point and usually stop reading after 20 replies.

Replies

• momoftwo0406
    November 27, 2012 at 2:57 AM
    Let it be
  • hollydaze1974
    November 27, 2012 at 3:12 AM
    I'd so let this go, mama. Unless he is there every other day, let him consider this as part of the treat of a playdate. A little over processed food or too much sugar occasionally won't cause health problems. You make up for it in spades. I'd let it go, feed her daughter what you serve when you return the playdate favor.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    November 27, 2012 at 3:35 AM

Am I the only one amazed that the person who wants to feed their child the way they should be fed is the one looked at as the weirdo?

• mamadee1971
    November 27, 2012 at 3:58 AM

Unless, your child is a vegan/vegetarian and/or has a food allergen, let it go.  It's good that you're instilling healthy habits in your child, maybe you can invite her to your house for a playdate, so you can serve the foods you want to serve.

• mommaboudreaux
    November 27, 2012 at 3:59 AM

Let it go.

• isyn3cams
    November 27, 2012 at 4:00 AM
    This.

Quoting MamaMay007:

I let stuff like that go.  

I have the policy of in my house I feed you what I want, in your house you feed us what you want.  (Allergies are the exception to this rule, we don't have any but some people do). It isn't like you are seeing them for hours every day.  It is once in a while. 

• MamaSusieQ045
    November 27, 2012 at 4:10 AM
    For the love of Pete please let it go.. its not and everyday thing and honestly I'm not trying to sound like a bitch but if you are going to critique every little thing that happens on a playdate neither you or your child will make friends and actually keep them...

Good luck mama
  • 3xangel
    by 3xangel
    November 27, 2012 at 4:23 AM

Quoting pampire:

Let it go.  It's an occasional meal.  A bagel bite or hot dog now and then isn't going to damage your child.  Lighten up and let the kid make memories.  You might find it easier to make mommy friends too.

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    November 27, 2012 at 4:29 AM
    Moms like you irritate the total piss out of me. I understand you wanting the best for your kids but when ARE they allowed to be kids if they can't even enjoy a simple (fun) lunch at a play date? If she wouldn't have fixed lunch, we'd be reading a post you bitching about how rude and selfish she was for not feeding y'all.

Be grateful. Next rime pack your own food or learn to shut your mouth.
  • anyotherday
    November 27, 2012 at 4:37 AM
    Did you ever consider that pplaydates are special "junkfood" days for her son (and unless you took an inventory of her fridge please just consider it.) Everything in moderation.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts