Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
watch your damn kid.eta
by Anonymous
November 26, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Seriously people common sense. Don't leave your child unattended. It takes a split second for something to happen. I've been told I'm over protective or paranoid, but hell I'd rather be that then my child getting severely hurt, or worse, because I wasn't watching them at all times. WATCH YOUR KIDS! That Is all

Eta: you can all be smartass about it but you know damn well I don't mean teenagers or older kids, when they are old enough to know right from wrong and boundaries that's a lil different

Replies

• jessistarr85
    November 26, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Good advise. 

What happened in order for you to make this post? Not trying to bash just wondering. 

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 26, 2012 at 11:01 PM
    Well I watch mine. Why don't you let others parent the way they want too?
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    November 26, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Windows, stairs, a dryer, and counters all in 24 hours. Yes, people need to keep a close eye on their kids. It doesn't if you think you are close enough- toddlers can get anywhere in the blink of an eye.

• Crazy-Steph
    November 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM
    I do. I currently have my 17 year old shackled to me so I always know where he is and that he is safe. He had a hard night at work tonight! I'm glad we're finally home!
  • white_wolf454
    November 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM

what happened

• Northcuttswifey
    November 26, 2012 at 11:04 PM
    I agree. I went to a thanksgiving pot luck (we are army and didn't go home) and there was 10 other kids ranging in ages 1-8 years old. They were letting the young kids run all around outside near a busy street and I was the only one out there watching them. Before you say I didn't have to be out there I kinda did because my three boys wanted to play to but there was no way I was going to let me two year old outside without an adult out there.
  • Love060708kids

My four year old ran off today, thankfully, she went to the bathroom in her school; unfortunately she didn't tell me where she was going.  

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    Reading the post about the two year old falling off a counter cuz the mom was outside, a friend posting she had to take her dd to the er because she got in the fruit and drank a open beer while she was on phone. Constantly seeing things like that. Usually in quiet on others parenting but this just drives me insane.

Quoting jessistarr85:

Good advise. 

What happened in order for you to make this post? Not trying to bash just wondering. 

• tennisgal
    November 26, 2012 at 11:06 PM

yes b/c kids never get hurt while being supervised. being paranoid doesn't automatically mean nothing will ever happen to your child. 

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    November 26, 2012 at 11:06 PM
    Amen!! Much rather be paranoid or over protective then have something halpen to ds. And in turn he's also become a very well behaved, aware little boy.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts