Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
watch your damn kid.eta
by Anonymous
November 26, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Seriously people common sense. Don't leave your child unattended. It takes a split second for something to happen. I've been told I'm over protective or paranoid, but hell I'd rather be that then my child getting severely hurt, or worse, because I wasn't watching them at all times. WATCH YOUR KIDS! That Is all

Eta: you can all be smartass about it but you know damn well I don't mean teenagers or older kids, when they are old enough to know right from wrong and boundaries that's a lil different

Replies

• jessistarr85
    November 26, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Good advise. 

What happened in order for you to make this post? Not trying to bash just wondering. 

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 26, 2012 at 11:01 PM
    Well I watch mine. Why don't you let others parent the way they want too?
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    November 26, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Windows, stairs, a dryer, and counters all in 24 hours. Yes, people need to keep a close eye on their kids. It doesn't if you think you are close enough- toddlers can get anywhere in the blink of an eye.

• Crazy-Steph
    November 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM
    I do. I currently have my 17 year old shackled to me so I always know where he is and that he is safe. He had a hard night at work tonight! I'm glad we're finally home!
  • white_wolf454
    November 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM

what happened

• Northcuttswifey
    November 26, 2012 at 11:04 PM
    I agree. I went to a thanksgiving pot luck (we are army and didn't go home) and there was 10 other kids ranging in ages 1-8 years old. They were letting the young kids run all around outside near a busy street and I was the only one out there watching them. Before you say I didn't have to be out there I kinda did because my three boys wanted to play to but there was no way I was going to let me two year old outside without an adult out there.
  • Love060708kids

My four year old ran off today, thankfully, she went to the bathroom in her school; unfortunately she didn't tell me where she was going.  

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    Reading the post about the two year old falling off a counter cuz the mom was outside, a friend posting she had to take her dd to the er because she got in the fruit and drank a open beer while she was on phone. Constantly seeing things like that. Usually in quiet on others parenting but this just drives me insane.

Quoting jessistarr85:

Good advise. 

What happened in order for you to make this post? Not trying to bash just wondering. 

• tennisgal
    November 26, 2012 at 11:06 PM

yes b/c kids never get hurt while being supervised. being paranoid doesn't automatically mean nothing will ever happen to your child. 

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    November 26, 2012 at 11:06 PM
    Amen!! Much rather be paranoid or over protective then have something halpen to ds. And in turn he's also become a very well behaved, aware little boy.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN