Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
luvmymunchkins3
same number of christmas gifts?
November 26, 2012 at 11:25 AM
so another post got me thinking.do you make sure your kids have the same number of gifts? i have never made her my kids get the same number i have always just got them what they asked for and liked.im not going to buy crap they dont need just to make the gifts even..its never been a problem they are 3 and 5 and i dont think they have ever even noticed.this yr my 5 yr old is only getting a few things because she only asked for 2 things and she is going on a shopping trip to the americn girl store with her daddy and my 2 younger boy will have alot more gifts then her. and it wont be a problem since she will get what she asked for.

Replies

• Babujai
    by Babujai
    November 26, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I usually try to make sure it's an even number of packages, even if I have to split up a gift into two different boxes or combine two gifts into one box.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 26, 2012 at 11:26 AM
    I only have one child

But when my god daughter lived with us I tried to make it even but my son ended up with more

But hers where more costly
  • Barronbaby
    November 26, 2012 at 11:28 AM
    I try to keep things even mine are 19 month 3 and 6 and the 6 year old notices if her brothers get more. So I add to hers crayons, books clothes to even it out and she is happy with that.
  • SommerRayne06
    November 26, 2012 at 11:30 AM
    I try to spend the same amount. So if what one asks for is expensive, they get less. They never noticed the different amounts of gifts.
  • Melinda32
    November 26, 2012 at 11:31 AM
    I have a 15, 12 and 4 yr old. The younger one gets more based on the cost, the older ones get less simply because they want expensive things now.
  • laineylarue
    November 26, 2012 at 11:32 AM
    I try to but they are now 7 & 10 & understand that some things they ask for are more expensive so they may get less because of that. So far no problems but I do feel bad if one has more to open lol
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 26, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I only have one child.

As a child my brother and i didn't get the same number of gifts.. It was never a problem for us..It's not like we counted the gifts(we were not that rude or selfish).. 

• danie24
    by danie24
    November 26, 2012 at 11:34 AM

We do.

The kids usually take turns opening gifts (or open them at the same time if it's the same thing).

I wouldn't want one kid to be all done opening their gifts and have the other still opening several more presents while we all watch. It's not a big deal to make sure it's fair. Especially if the children are small.

It's different with teenagers who want things like electronics and expensive clothing.

• SevenKisses
    November 26, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I have one so never thought about this or been concerned with it. My mom always made sure her 6 kids had just about the same amount though.

• Tesserae
    November 26, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Always! It's the method my mom used and it's the method hubby & I use now. It's only fair.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts