Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
God Cant Give You More Than You Can Handle?
by Anonymous
November 25, 2012 at 9:04 PM

This is a conversation i just had with my cousin whose mom was killed last night. 

Me and her were talking cuz she also lost her uncle 1 month and 1 day ago.  And a few years ago she lost ehr brother to suicide. 

So as we were talking she tells me  "god wouldnt give you anymore than you can handle". and this is my response

me: i would agree with that but i cant

her: ?

me: if you think about life. if people could handle what was given to them, why do some commit suicide? Why do some of them turn to drugs? Alcohol? Now not everyone turns to this stuff when faced with hard times, but there are alot that do and they dont come back. does that make sense?

her: Yeah I can understand where your coming from

me: there are people who can handle it but then there are people who cant. If people do take the time to stop and think about what they are going through and sit down and breathe then maybe yes. but not everyone can do that. Also there are those people who are going through so much and people do say "god wouldnt give you anymore than you can handle" but im reality yes he would. trial and tribulation. its his way of seeing what you can and cant handle and if you are strong enough to "come back" from it so to speak. And when someone is going through alot, really the last thing they probably want to hear is "god wouldnt give you anymore than you can handle", and i say this because (and i am not a christian but i do believe in higher powers, no one knows what they are thinking or what they have planned for someone in this life or the next life. does that make sense?

her: Yeah I see what your saying

me: i think you are the first one who does.  lol

her: Lol. Really?

me: yea really

her: Oh wow

me: im friends with alot of Christians(and i have no problem with the christian religion mind you) but alot of christians dont want to see anything from a different point of view. Not all christians are like that but alot that i have come across are

her: yeah i know what you meanl 

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    November 25, 2012 at 9:29 PM

what i am saying is not everyone is emotional or mentally capable of dealing with every problem. i find it sad that people(not necessarily you) think that every person can handle every problem thrown at them. not everyone can. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Nobody deals with EVERY problem possible, which seems to be what you're implying. We each have our own trials and tribulations. I do believe that you are CAPABLE of handling it but CHOOSE not to, yes. (general "you")

Quoting Anonymous:

so you think ANYONE can handle anything? regardless of what is happening to them or has happened or continue to happen?

Quoting Anonymous:

God gave us free will. you CHOOSE to handle it or run and hide.

• helema24
    November 25, 2012 at 9:32 PM

God has given us all several paths to chose from and on each path there are many tests to see what we are made of so to speak. IF god really didnt want us to go through things we couldnt handle then we would all be boring stepford wife type people.....this world is a trial for us to see where we end up in the next!!

• Phoebe-81
    November 25, 2012 at 9:37 PM
    That and "It was just his/her time." annoy the crap out of me. Or also, " at least you have other siblings/children/whatever the person was who died was to you." These are all things you should never say to a grieving person. Just saying.

Anywho, on to the topic at hand. I agree with you to an extent
  • Anonymous
    November 25, 2012 at 9:40 PM

we didnt cover that but yea i agree with you with that.  thats just down right insensitive

Quoting Phoebe-81:

That and "It was just his/her time." annoy the crap out of me. Or also, " at least you have other siblings/children/whatever the person was who died was to you." These are all things you should never say to a grieving person. Just saying.

• Phoebe-81
    November 25, 2012 at 9:41 PM
    Actually, IDK where I stand on this. My mom is a 3 time cancer survivor and has lost a dad, stepdad, a brother, and one of her sons. She's also miscarried 3 babies and is a child abuse survivor. She's one of the most upbeat people I know. She's incredibly strong and is still very positive. But, she has an amazing relationship with God and has leaned on him through it all. Sooo, I don't know about this one

Quoting Phoebe-81:

• Anonymous
    November 25, 2012 at 9:43 PM

she sure has been through alot.  but thats where it comes in of "not everyone can mentally handle it or emotionally handle it"  

i think alot of people but too much stock in god giving this and god giving that. 

not everyone is able to go through what your mom has endured

Quoting Phoebe-81:

Actually, IDK where I stand on this. My mom is a 3 time cancer survivor and has lost a dad, stepdad, a brother, and one of her sons. She's also miscarried 3 babies and is a child abuse survivor. She's one of the most upbeat people I know. She's incredibly strong and is still very positive. But, she has an amazing relationship with God and has leaned on him through it all. Sooo, I don't know about this one

Quoting Phoebe-81:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 25, 2012 at 9:44 PM
    Total bullshit.
  • Anonymous
    November 25, 2012 at 9:46 PM

very insightful. 

thank you

Quoting Anonymous:

Total bullshit.

• dinc
    by dinc
    November 25, 2012 at 9:47 PM

All things are possible with God.  Everyone has a choice.  They can turn to God and ask for His guidance or they can reject Him and try to deal with problems on their own.  You have to trust God for him to work in and through you.  Who is to say that the people who committed suicide wouldn't have anyway over something else? 

My family is going through a very, very trying time right now.  I have a hard time getting through the day many times without tears.  I want to know why this has happened.  But---I know that something good can come from this.  We don't know what that will be yet, but I am trusting God in this situation. 

God works in mysterious way.  He will not abandon you even if you think he has.  Sometimes suffering or hardships make us more empathetic  with others who are in the same spot.  I know my perspective has drastically changed.  God will see you through any problem.  You have to reach out and trust him.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 25, 2012 at 9:49 PM
    Sorry, I just feel the phrase is total bullshit. It's a cop out for whoever is saying it.

Quoting Anonymous:

very insightful. 

thank you

Quoting Anonymous:

Total bullshit.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts