Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
God Cant Give You More Than You Can Handle?
by Anonymous
November 25, 2012 at 9:04 PM

This is a conversation i just had with my cousin whose mom was killed last night. 

Me and her were talking cuz she also lost her uncle 1 month and 1 day ago.  And a few years ago she lost ehr brother to suicide. 

So as we were talking she tells me  "god wouldnt give you anymore than you can handle". and this is my response

me: i would agree with that but i cant

her: ?

me: if you think about life. if people could handle what was given to them, why do some commit suicide? Why do some of them turn to drugs? Alcohol? Now not everyone turns to this stuff when faced with hard times, but there are alot that do and they dont come back. does that make sense?

her: Yeah I can understand where your coming from

me: there are people who can handle it but then there are people who cant. If people do take the time to stop and think about what they are going through and sit down and breathe then maybe yes. but not everyone can do that. Also there are those people who are going through so much and people do say "god wouldnt give you anymore than you can handle" but im reality yes he would. trial and tribulation. its his way of seeing what you can and cant handle and if you are strong enough to "come back" from it so to speak. And when someone is going through alot, really the last thing they probably want to hear is "god wouldnt give you anymore than you can handle", and i say this because (and i am not a christian but i do believe in higher powers, no one knows what they are thinking or what they have planned for someone in this life or the next life. does that make sense?

her: Yeah I see what your saying

me: i think you are the first one who does.  lol

her: Lol. Really?

me: yea really

her: Oh wow

me: im friends with alot of Christians(and i have no problem with the christian religion mind you) but alot of christians dont want to see anything from a different point of view. Not all christians are like that but alot that i have come across are

her: yeah i know what you meanl 

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 25, 2012 at 9:08 PM

ok?

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    November 25, 2012 at 9:12 PM
    I disagree.

With God, ALL things are possible.

Did those people who committed suicide turn to God, or to other things when life got rough? Turning to drugs and alcohol only makes things worse. The only way to get through some things is to walk with God.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 25, 2012 at 9:12 PM

very insightful thought on the topic.  thank you

Quoting Anonymous:

ok?

• Anonymous 1
    November 25, 2012 at 9:14 PM

all things maybe possible, but possibility isn't a guarantee. My family is VERY christian. Including  my cousin who committed suicide. Not everyone can handle.

Quoting Anonymous:

I disagree.

With God, ALL things are possible.

Did those people who committed suicide turn to God, or to other things when life got rough? Turning to drugs and alcohol only makes things worse. The only way to get through some things is to walk with God.

• ButterMeUp
    November 25, 2012 at 9:15 PM
    Disagree. While I do believe god has a part in everything we do, I completly disagree that he has the power/will to change our futures. He give us the tools, if we fuck it up, oh well.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    November 25, 2012 at 9:16 PM
    Yea kind of what was said above, did these people that took their own lives, or turn to drugs etc.. were they even believers to begin with? So Idk if I agree or disagree
  • young_lv_mom
    November 25, 2012 at 9:16 PM
    I agree with you.
  • Anonymous 1
    November 25, 2012 at 9:17 PM

so you believe everyone can handle the same thing? everyone can come through ontop without problems?

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Disagree. While I do believe god has a part in everything we do, I completly disagree that he has the power/will to change our futures. He give us the tools, if we fuck it up, oh well.

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    November 25, 2012 at 9:18 PM
    If god doesn't give you anything you can't handle, then he must have a little too much faith in me.
  • Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    November 25, 2012 at 9:18 PM

God gave us free will. you CHOOSE to handle it or run and hide.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN