Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
The Husbands Of Sahms:)
by Anonymous
November 25, 2012 at 6:41 AM

I have been a proud homemaker for many years.I have seen so much trash talk about sahms on this confession board(from being lazy or uneducated).

My husband is very happy that I am a sahm and have been all these years.He and my kids appreciate all that I do and I have gone to college and had a career.I just prefer to be at home...where I feel happiest:)

If my husband has no problem with me being at home.Why do so many people have a personal issue with it when it is none of their concern?

If you are a sahm how does your husband feel about you being at home?Working moms have you ever discussed being a sahm with your husband?

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 25, 2012 at 6:46 AM

• Liz.Sisk
    November 25, 2012 at 6:48 AM
    I was a sahm for 10 months. He kept complaining saying I did nothing and that I needed to help pay the bills. I have a job now. He now complains that I need to take care of the baby more even though she sleeps while I'm at work. Apparently all I do is lay around and let her run all over the floor helpless and crying until he gets home. Mind you he rarely changes diapers and has never once given her a bath since she was born. Also refused to feed her for the first 9months. He doesn't know what he wants. I love being a sahm but I also love working. So I do both, and I am happy that I do.
  • velvetkitty
    November 25, 2012 at 6:49 AM

He knows it's best for our family that I stay home with the kids. We both know it would be more expensive for me to work than to stay at home.  So until the kids are older we have both accepted I will be a SAHM.

• rockinmomto2
    November 25, 2012 at 6:54 AM

We actually had this conversation yesterday. I offered to get a part time job to help out, and he told me no. It's not my responsibility to work, it's his (which he does). Our agreement was that I stay home and he works. Now, if I were to be paid for singing or being in a show, that's a different story. But a regular job isn't in the cards for me.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 25, 2012 at 7:00 AM
    My bf and I talked about this the other day. We're still working on TTC #1 but until it happens we decided that when the baby comes around that I get to decide if I want to be a SAHM or not. I have two jobs right now as it is. So I would really love to hear from working moms on how their life works with younger children + having a job.
  • SOCO101
    by SOCO101
    November 25, 2012 at 7:03 AM

He gives me hell at times, but when I tell him about a job opening he doesn't want me to work. 

• barrelracer1699
    November 25, 2012 at 7:04 AM

I miss my job but also enjoy staying home. I think when my daughter goes to school I will go back to work again.

• jakesmom323
    November 25, 2012 at 7:04 AM
    I've been a SAHM for 3.5 years to two small children. I'm college educated and had a great good paying career. My husband has never given me a hard time about how I do things and appreciates me. The thing is that even if I wanted to work, it would have to be a lot to compensate going into another tax bracket and all of it taken away in taxes. So it's a win win situation and he works 70 plus hours a week so someones got to raise them! ;)
  • deadlights86
    November 25, 2012 at 7:08 AM
    Dh would like me to work more but it just isn't feasible. I work 1-2 days a week if I put my kids in daycare it would cost as much if not more than my pay check.
  • gemma458
    November 25, 2012 at 7:09 AM

My husband is very supportive. I've gone to college and worked with a family, and now I am blessed to be able to stay home. Our kids are still preschoolers, and I missed out on a lot when I had to work long hours the last couple of years. He is happy that I'm home because he knows that's where I am happiest. But I respect SAHM's and WM's equally : )

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN