Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
The lorax offended me
by Anonymous
November 23, 2012 at 5:10 PM
In the opening music scene, they sang a verse that says " we thank The Lord for all we've got". I'm not Christian so I turned the movie off immediately. I don't want that crap crammed down my children's throats. Why can't they just leave that out of it???

Replies

• randi1978
    November 23, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Great, now I have How Bad Can I Be stuck in my head.

• 504bbymami
    But "lord" can be symbolic for whatever you want it to be.

When I hear things like that or participate in prayer with people of other religions I just substitute their word for mine in my mind
  • jillbailey26

Quoting Anonymous:

I mean I'm all for each religion having their owned themed movie, but they should warn you

How would they do that?  "Just so you know, there's a song at the beginning that mentions 'Lord'.  Watchers beware!!"  It's not like there's a religious rating on movies.

• 504bbymami
    November 23, 2012 at 5:15 PM
    How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just doin what comes naturally! Lol

Quoting randi1978:

Great, now I have How Bad Can I Be stuck in my head.

• do11face
    I don't recall hearing that. We love that movie and we aren't religious. Even if it was said its not a religious based movie.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    There should be! Just like parental ratings!

Quoting jillbailey26:

Quoting Anonymous:

I mean I'm all for each religion having their owned themed movie, but they should warn you

How would they do that?  "Just so you know, there's a song at the beginning that mentions 'Lord'.  Watchers beware!!"  It's not like there's a religious rating on movies.

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    Because God is good!
  • Fields456
    I'm guessing you won't let your kids watch home alone because there are a few scenes in a church
  • Summerlion1123
    November 23, 2012 at 5:16 PM

lol Oh geez...

I'm not Christian, I'm not religious in anyway. I don't know if I even believe in God. But I still think it is REALLY stupid to get offended over something like that, and to refuse to watch a movie over it. Oh well, your loss though. It must be exhausting for you to be so easily worried about things.

• Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    November 23, 2012 at 5:16 PM

We're Pagan and yes i did catch that line but big deal. Exposing your children to others beliefs  just teaches them that everyone is different not wrong but different.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts