Mom Confessions

Anonymous
The lorax offended me
by Anonymous
November 23, 2012 at 5:10 PM
In the opening music scene, they sang a verse that says " we thank The Lord for all we've got". I'm not Christian so I turned the movie off immediately. I don't want that crap crammed down my children's throats. Why can't they just leave that out of it???

Replies

• randi1978
    November 23, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Great, now I have How Bad Can I Be stuck in my head.

• 504bbymami
    But "lord" can be symbolic for whatever you want it to be.

When I hear things like that or participate in prayer with people of other religions I just substitute their word for mine in my mind
  • jillbailey26

Quoting Anonymous:

I mean I'm all for each religion having their owned themed movie, but they should warn you

How would they do that?  "Just so you know, there's a song at the beginning that mentions 'Lord'.  Watchers beware!!"  It's not like there's a religious rating on movies.

• 504bbymami
    November 23, 2012 at 5:15 PM
    How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just doin what comes naturally! Lol

Quoting randi1978:

Great, now I have How Bad Can I Be stuck in my head.

• do11face
    I don't recall hearing that. We love that movie and we aren't religious. Even if it was said its not a religious based movie.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    There should be! Just like parental ratings!

Quoting jillbailey26:

Quoting Anonymous:

I mean I'm all for each religion having their owned themed movie, but they should warn you

How would they do that?  "Just so you know, there's a song at the beginning that mentions 'Lord'.  Watchers beware!!"  It's not like there's a religious rating on movies.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    Because God is good!
  • Fields456
    I'm guessing you won't let your kids watch home alone because there are a few scenes in a church
  • Summerlion1123
    November 23, 2012 at 5:16 PM

lol Oh geez...

I'm not Christian, I'm not religious in anyway. I don't know if I even believe in God. But I still think it is REALLY stupid to get offended over something like that, and to refuse to watch a movie over it. Oh well, your loss though. It must be exhausting for you to be so easily worried about things.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 23, 2012 at 5:16 PM

We're Pagan and yes i did catch that line but big deal. Exposing your children to others beliefs  just teaches them that everyone is different not wrong but different.

Mom Confessions