Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Thinking question of the day
by Anonymous
November 23, 2012 at 4:23 PM
If your 16 year old son introduced a 16 year old girl who also happens to be a mom as his girlfriend, would you discourage the relationship?

What if the roles were reversed, and it was your daughter instead of your son?

Replies

• MrsRinehart2010
    November 23, 2012 at 4:25 PM

nope he is old enough to learn his own leasons an like wise.

• SusieQue717

hmmm... no idea... 

• CjEmmemommy

Yes on both sides. That is a responsibly children don't need. Yes it happens and for those kids it changes their lives but I wouldn't encourage my children to take on those roles at their age.

It wouldn't likely be fair to the other peron either bc they have plenty to deal with  and don't need any heartbreak or stress from my children,

• danie24
    by danie24
    November 23, 2012 at 4:26 PM

of course I'd discourage it

I'd also discourage my teen from dating kids who were into drugs, drinking, vandalism, bullying, had bad grades, uses too much profanity, was disrespectful, rude, etc.

• dandylynes
    November 23, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I have a teen girl, and she has a few guy friends that are dad's (they are older than her and they are just friends) and if she was the same age I wouldn't necessarily discourage it if the general character of the boy was a good one.

• svolkov
    by svolkov
    November 23, 2012 at 4:28 PM
    Friendship no tho I migjt caution. Dating absolutely not happening.
  • DixieL
    by DixieL
    November 23, 2012 at 4:28 PM

The more you discourage boys or girls on relationships or anything else they want to do, they more you will push them into doing it. In my opinion leave them alone and hopefully they will realize it's wrong before it's too late. If not, we all have to learn, and sometimes the hard way. I'm not talking about little kids or young teenagers.. I'm talking about older teenagers.

• slvr115
    by slvr115
    November 23, 2012 at 4:29 PM
    I probably would. It would be pretty obvious that she is both sexually active an irresponsible, which is a bad combination in a 16 year old. I don't wanna be a grandma in my 30s
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 23, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Depends. We do not approve of relationships unless it's getting to know the person for marriage.
    And 16 is too young for marriage IMO.

• owl0210
    by owl0210
    November 23, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Absofuckinglutely.  

Mom Confessions