Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Pit Bull and Pit Bull mixes are ticking time bombs. It is in their DNA to be aggressive.
by Anonymous
November 23, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I read the article titled "Beware of pit bull bias, handlers say" in the Seacoast Sunday paper. I think the well-meaning people who support pit bull ownership are completely off the mark when it comes to making comparisons to other types of dogs. Pit bulls are not the victims of discrimination, the real facts are hard to ignore.

Most notable among all facts is the following, which can be referenced at http://www.dogsbite.org/:

"From 2005 to 2011, pit bulls killed 128 Americans, about one citizen every 20 days. Of these attacks, 51 percent (65) involved a family member and a household pit bull. In the first 8 months of 2011, nearly half of those killed by a pit bull was its owner — one was even an 'avid supporter' of Bad Rap, a recipient of Michael Vick's dogs."

No other species of domestic dog comes close to this number of human deaths.

I think it is a tremendous disservice to our community to promote the ownership of these animals. Man created them to be unpredictable, vicious and aggressive. Their DNA is altered and engineered with the intent to fight well. The problems with pit bulls are clearly defined and researched as genetic, not behavioral — and I challenge any owner to contact those who have lost a family member to understand how a dog, after many years of no visible signs of aggression, performed a surprise attack resulting in death or permanent disfigurement. It's a travesty that people would support pit bull ownership when hundreds have died. Why do we ignore facts as a measure of good manners?

I have a good neighbor who has two pit bulls. I know he loves them, but I dread the day anything happens with all the little kids riding bikes and walking home from school on our street ... what will we say when the right conditions put the dog into kill-mode? Golden retrievers are just are just as dangerous? She was just a bad apple? It was the owner's fault? The fact is you cannot say anything because words do not heal gaping wounds or bring people back.

Pit Bull and Pit Bull mixes are ticking time bombs. It is in their DNA to be aggressive. That is what they were bred to be. Just like Border collies were bred to herd or Greyhounds were bred to run. To say otherwise is putting your head in the sand and ignoring the facts

would you ever own a pit and put your precious family at risk???
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 41% - Not in a million years
  2. 23% - NEVER
  3. 17% - No way in hell
  4. 17% - I'd rather masturbate with a kitchen knife than own a dangerous pit

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    November 23, 2012 at 2:53 PM

"From 2005 to 2011, pit bulls killed 128 Americans, about one citizen every 20 days. Of these attacks, 51 percent (65) involved a family member and a household pit bull. In the first 8 months of 2011, nearly half of those killed by a pit bull was its owner

• 702girly
    November 23, 2012 at 2:55 PM

LOL, you don't know much about dogs.

• KeriAZ
    by KeriAZ
    November 23, 2012 at 3:01 PM
    Its how its raised. A golden retriver is high on the agressive list for bites.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 23, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Here's one of those killer dogs:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 23, 2012 at 3:04 PM

finally some truth. no it's not the owners, it's the dogs.

Our beloved pitbull, the first time he escaped from our yard ran to a bus stop full of kids and attacked a poodle, killing it. That dog bit me, my brother and the bus driver. We we're all bit badly trying to save the poodle.

That dog slept in our beds, was loved and played with daily. Had regular vet visits and was well cared for. He had never acted in an aggresive manner and had been neutered.

All of you dumb people need to realize that the breed is dangerous. Those dogs can loose complete control out of nowhere. It's horrible when they do. My mom has two pitbulls currently. She will not allow my children around them. I love her for recognizing that the breed was created specifically for hunting and fighting. 

• kyuteangl88
    November 23, 2012 at 3:06 PM
    Again? You are a moron.
  • NiCo86
    by NiCo86
    all pit lovers will say the same. but i agree with this. some digs are bred for hunting, some for herding, others for aggression. pit bulls are an aggressive breed dog, and i would never chance my child's safety for an animal!
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster

Quoting KeriAZ:

Its how its raised. A golden retriver is high on the agressive list for bites.

pit bull is higher

• winkyloafer
    November 23, 2012 at 3:07 PM
    You still don't know anything about dogs. Ugh.
  • ilovecandy
    November 23, 2012 at 3:07 PM

le yawn

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts