Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Ugh! My mil told dd she is a "porker"
by Anonymous
November 23, 2012 at 2:00 AM
Dd is 11. She is not overweight but has put on some weight over the last few months. I think it is because her hormones and body are starting to change. Today she ate a normal size plate and then asked for a slice of pie for dessert. My mil said to her "you really shouldn't eat too much, you are already a little porker". I was extremely angry and snapped. She is already self-conscious over gaining the weight and starting to develop. I do not want her to have a negative body-image. She is beautiful and not fat at all. I am so angry that my mil said that. She wasn't joking, it was said in a rude way. Every time I think about it, I get more and more upset! My sil said she was always critical of her looks and weight when she was younger.

Replies

• t1gger143
    November 23, 2012 at 2:01 AM

I'd be pissed too. 

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 23, 2012 at 2:03 AM
    Bump
  • Marja2011
    November 23, 2012 at 2:04 AM
    I most likely would not go back until she said sorry and I know my husband would support my decision.
  • NiCo86
    by NiCo86
    November 23, 2012 at 2:05 AM
    i wouldn't stand for that either! besides ... its Thanksgiving! EVERYONE indulges on Thanksgiving!!
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2

What a bitch :(

• Sanctimommy

On THANKSGIVING???

Sorry about the capslock. But that last part really needed emphasis.

That's a mean-ass Grandma, right there.

Way to give the kid an eating disorder, Grandma, jeez.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 23, 2012 at 2:07 AM
    She was at our house. I went off about it. My husband completely supports me when he comes to his mom. We have had issues in the past. I can handle anything she throws at me, I can't tolerate anyone insulting our children.

Quoting Marja2011:

I most likely would not go back until she said sorry and I know my husband would support my decision.

• brittanyjenean
    November 23, 2012 at 2:10 AM
    Oh I would have definitely bitch slapped that woman and would have told her to get the eff out of my house until she can apologize to DD.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    November 23, 2012 at 2:11 AM
    Yea, that's a line she shouldn't have crossed! My dd is also 11, extremely hormonal and has started to develop, the dr said that she isn't overweight but she is headed there so we are working on it. Anyway if my mil would say something like that I would give her a nasty look, take my kids and leave!
  • LucyHourglass
    November 23, 2012 at 2:12 AM

What a bitch!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN