Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
You suck as a parent if you sign parental consent for a minor to marry.
by Anonymous
November 22, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Minor, meaning 17 and under

Replies

• SRUsarahSC
    November 22, 2012 at 10:12 PM

but look at well it has turned out for that Courtney Stodden chick!

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 22, 2012 at 10:13 PM
    Lol she should be the poster child for reasons not too...

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

but look at well it has turned out for that Courtney Stodden chick!

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 22, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Lol. My parents signed for me to get married at 16 and they don't suck as parents.

P.s. I'm still married to the same man 17 years later.

• Denecia
    by Denecia
    November 22, 2012 at 10:14 PM
    My mom did for me. I was two months away from 18 and my dh was deploying in a couple of weeks. I was also pregnant and she did what she thought was best.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    November 22, 2012 at 10:14 PM
    Ummm how old is the minor? 16 eh I can see.. 17 not too bad.. 15 is way young..but I will add I guess back in the old days when "minors" got married at such an early age their parents "sucked" but eh I got married 2 months after my 18th birthday...so really wasn't a minor but if I wanted to I'm sure I would of got married before that
  • young_lv_mom
    November 22, 2012 at 10:15 PM
    My mom was married twice and divorced once before she turned 18, and hates her mom for it.
  • MrsRobinson06
    November 22, 2012 at 10:16 PM
    I agree. If its true love, they can wait two more years at the very least.
  • idee
    by idee

I'm sure there are situations where it is appropriate. It's not really anyone's business but the people involved. Anyone else would only be making the matter worse.

I personally don't know anyone in this situation but I am sure the last thing they need is someone so negative around them.

• SRUsarahSC

I was 23 and people acted like we were crazy and that it was a really young age. We both had college degrees, careers, love each other and didn't want to live together out of wedlock.  Still doing fine five years later.  My mom would have sent me away to a convent before signing for me to get married as a minor though.  Once I was 18, I could do what I pleased, since I didn't live with them.

• wineisfine
    November 22, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Agree

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts