Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
My son's Christmas list....yikes!
by Anonymous
November 21, 2012 at 9:11 PM

My oldest is 7 and his Christmas list is insane! I added all the stuff he has that hasn't been purchased (my grandma bought $500 worth of toys for the 2 boys already UGH) and the total was 497.36. That is CRAZY. I hope he likes the stuff I pick from the list because I am NOT spending that much. My other son's total was 250.55.

Replies

• two4one
    by two4one
    November 21, 2012 at 9:12 PM

7 year olds have no concept of money.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 21, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Im not mad. lol. I am just wow'ed

Quoting two4one:

• kathislove80
    November 21, 2012 at 9:15 PM
    What kind of stuff did he request?
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 21, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Nothing crazy. The avg prices were between $30 and $40. Then one hot wheels thing was $99.99

It was mostly hot wheels, batman, spy stuff and board games. And my favorite thing he asked for was a 900x Macro Microscope.

Quoting kathislove80:

What kind of stuff did he request?

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 21, 2012 at 9:21 PM
    Yes they do. It's part of the math curriculum used by our school starting in first grade and I don't know any kids that age who don't have some concept of how much things cost. They almost always have some cash of their own whether it's allowance, tooth fairy money, or birthday money too.

If my seven year old asked for $500 worth of gifts I'd ask him what he was thinking. He knows he doesn't get that much, not unless it's a particular gift that is worth the money like a computer.

Quoting two4one:

• piratehooker
    November 21, 2012 at 9:22 PM
    My 3 year old circled $477 worth of stuff in a toy catalog.
  • piratehooker
    November 21, 2012 at 9:22 PM
    Scrooge

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes they do. It's part of the math curriculum used by our school starting in first grade and I don't know any kids that age who don't have some concept of how much things cost. They almost always have some cash of their own whether it's allowance, tooth fairy money, or birthday money too.

If my seven year old asked for $500 worth of gifts I'd ask him what he was thinking. He knows he doesn't get that much, not unless it's a particular gift that is worth the money like a computer.

Quoting two4one:

• SAnders224
    November 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM
    If they lost things they want that they see on tv how are they supposes to know how much it costs? I'm pretty sure a 7 year old doesn't look for the price, just at what they think is cool

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting two4one:

• two4one
    by two4one
    November 22, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Well obviously they can know the denominations of money, and can save, but they don't really "get it". Maybe yours does but most don't.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting two4one:

• notjstasocermom
    November 22, 2012 at 8:46 AM

ok.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!