Mom Confessions

wittyscreenname
Seriously? She's 3! Why Isn't She Potty Trained, Slacker?
November 21, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Now that I got your attention......lol

I'm potty training my 3 year old. I make sure she gets lots of fluids through out the day, etc, etc....but it's almost like she's holding her pee.

Is that normal? I seems like my now 8 year old just took to the potty like a boss, so I don't remember this happening.

We've been training for 3 days and so far, she's kicking ass and taking names. I've only had to change her one time today and that was my fault (I was using the bathroom and didn't get up fast enough). But any tips?

Replies

• circle_of_life
    November 21, 2012 at 7:17 PM

I always let mine pick out some cool panties :)

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 21, 2012 at 7:18 PM
    There is no excuse for a 3 year old to not be potty trained, unless they have some sort of other issue.

Take her diapers off and that's it. If she has an accident, have her clean it up. She is old enough now that there is no reason for her not to potty trained.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 21, 2012 at 7:18 PM

my three year old holds his pee to

for some reason he thinks EVERYONE goes to the bathroom at the same time and waits till you do. 

then he has to be first on the potty and plays around holding it, letting it go, holding it while you are sitting there about to pee your own pants. 

• outtamymynd
    November 21, 2012 at 7:19 PM
    I'm having the same issue. NOTHING is working with her. My other three had no issues. I don't know what to do.
  • AshleyMommi
    November 21, 2012 at 7:20 PM
    Lots of positive reinforcement when she does use the potty. With my third son, who was a nightmare to potty train, we did a big huge "YAY you went potty dance!!" every time.

My two older boys both potty trained so easy by the time they were 2, so my third son really challenged me when he wanted nothing to do with the potty.

Oh - another thing we did was after a couple weeks of trying, we took away diapers 100%. Yes, it's tons of work, but it went really well after the first day and he realized he didn't want to have accidents all of the time. Diapers were a comfort thing for him
    I think.

Good luck!!!
  • AshleyMommi
    November 21, 2012 at 7:21 PM
    Go be a twatwaffle somewhere else.

Quoting Anonymous:

There is no excuse for a 3 year old to not be potty trained, unless they have some sort of other issue.

Take her diapers off and that's it. If she has an accident, have her clean it up. She is old enough now that there is no reason for her not to potty trained.

• LizzieAnnesMom
    November 21, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Honestly IDK. My DD pretty much potty trained herself. People do tell me that I lie when I say that DD was completely potty trained (even at night) by the time she was 3.5.

• wittyscreenname
    November 21, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I've tried potty training in the past and she just wasn't having it. I'm not just taking the diaper off and letting her piss all over the place. I have carpets in the majority of my house.

I let HER let me know when she was ready to potty train....My oldest DD was around the same age when she was potty trained, my son was 4. I wasn't going to force her into doing something she didn't want to do. For a long time, she would freak out at the thought of using the potty.

Quoting Anonymous:

• layawatling

Join the potty training group...those women have tons of tips!

• AshleyMommi
    Check out my other reply :)

Sit her down, tell her no more diapers, let her pick out big girl undies. Then every single time do a HUGE - and I mean HUGE - "Yay you went potty dance".

Quoting outtamymynd:

I'm having the same issue. NOTHING is working with her. My other three had no issues. I don't know what to do.

Mom Confessions