Mom Confessions

TrouserMouse
Do you say something if someone is rude to your children?
November 21, 2012 at 7:00 PM
We were picking up our turkey today and standing in front of the meat counter. My 10 year old wanted to feel how heavy the turkey was so he went to the side of the cart to try and lift it.

We didn't see her coming, but a lady came up needing to get by. It would have been no big deal. The place was packed and there was little room to maneuver.

My son would have gladly got out of her way if he had seen her. Our first indication of her was her pushing her cart up to him very quickly and closely and rudely saying, "Watch out!"

It seriously pissed me off. Just because he is a kid doesn't make it okay for her to be rude. I looked up at her and said, "'Excuse me' would have been nicer words to use."

Why do people get so mean during the holidays?

Replies

• SalemWitchChild
    November 21, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Wow. Honestly not sure what I would do. I'd probably said something catty like, "Don't worry baby (My nickname for DD), I know you'd never be so rude because I raised you right."

• TrouserMouse
    November 21, 2012 at 7:09 PM
    I don't get why people are that way. I understand if they get frustrated if kids are acting up. Just to be mean for no reason totally isn't necessary.

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Wow. Honestly not sure what I would do. I'd probably said something catty like, "Don't worry baby (My nickname for DD), I know you'd never be so rude because I raised you right."

• danie24
    by danie24
    November 21, 2012 at 7:10 PM

I would have said the same thing in that situation.

I don't think anyone has ever been rude to my kids but if they were I'd make them feel like the childish assholes they're acting like.

• SalemWitchChild
    November 21, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Dh is bored and reading over my shoulder. He said he'd do the same thing as you too. And being a nearly 6ft tattooed hairy guy, he's much more intimidating. lol

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I don't get why people are that way. I understand if they get frustrated if kids are acting up. Just to be mean for no reason totally isn't necessary.

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

• 3lilladies81
    November 21, 2012 at 7:13 PM
    I am a Christian so I always try to mind my words and actions, however when it comes to my children I have a tendency to "lose my religion" Lol I am very much a momma bear
  • beerabitch69
    November 21, 2012 at 7:13 PM
    I don't get it. A lady was getting her dd in the car next mine in the parking lot and she was getting flustered. I was like no no take your time. He her in safe and sound. She was grateful.
  • Arianna
    by Arianna
    November 21, 2012 at 7:14 PM
    oh yeah, she and I would have had some words
  • outtamymynd
    November 21, 2012 at 7:14 PM
    I probably would respond the same way. Most kids aren't trying to be rude or purposely stand in the way, they are oblivious sometimes lol
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 21, 2012 at 7:15 PM
    I had this happen the other day, and a few people here tore me a new one and told me it was my fault :/
  • mrswillie
    November 21, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Oh, hell yeah I would have said something. Just because they are kids, does not mean they should be treated bad.

Mom Confessions