Mom Confessions

arimaur
i was an 8th grader when...
by arimaur
November 21, 2012 at 2:52 PM

i found a receipt for my christmas gift from Santa on my parent's dresser.  yup, they had me going for a looooong while.  i don't know how i made it through middle school without being teased about this, i guess they just thought i was joking or poking fun at little kids when i returned from the holiday break saying that Santa brought me what i had asked for.  lol.  i laugh super hard about it now, i even asked my sister how come she never filled me in when she found out or was told.  she said she didn't want to ruin it for me.  i even asked my parents and they were like 'Santa isn't real?!?!'  oh well, it didn't hurt me any believing a little longer than others.

when did you realize/told about Santa?

Replies

• atyou
    by atyou
    November 21, 2012 at 2:53 PM
    I still believe.

Santa is magic.
  • Cbreland07
    November 21, 2012 at 2:54 PM
    I realized as a kid.. I was very logical and I only saw Santa on cartoons and cartoons weren't real so therefore Santa wasn't.. It also never made sense that he could visit every kid in one night
  • PeaceLoveZ
    November 21, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Uhm, Santa's real.
    Parents help Santa from time to time out of the goodness of their hearts, duh!

• Dcjgar01
    November 21, 2012 at 3:00 PM

What! He is not real?

• Tara922c
    November 21, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Around 1st grade. I opened the coat closet only to find the wrapping paper that Santa used for my presents. My mom didn't even try to play it off. I was not scarred for life or anything like that.

• Wydowness
    November 21, 2012 at 3:03 PM
    I don't remember when, just that I was sad about it
  • sampson200
    November 21, 2012 at 3:03 PM

In truth, I don't recall what age.

I think I was always a tad skeptical.

I DO recall getting curious, and going to my parent's closet and looking UP: saw that kick ass Barbie & The Rockers stage (I think I was in 5 or 6th grade) and thinking, "Man. Now I have to fake 'surprise'."

I don't recall being shocked about no-Santa.

I was more worried about being caught snooping and having to fake it. :)

• Sunshine2plus2
    November 21, 2012 at 3:06 PM

I dont even remember

• arimaur
    by arimaur
    November 21, 2012 at 3:09 PM

i was sad too! 

Quoting Wydowness:

I don't remember when, just that I was sad about it

• Snapdragon88
    November 21, 2012 at 3:09 PM
    I don't remember ever really believing... no one ever made a fuss about it, lol.

Mom Confessions