Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Sailor_nena
So What's Your Kids' Big Gift This Year?
November 21, 2012 at 8:08 AM
My dd's are 4 and 5. We got them a white imac. The rest of their gifts are books, bedding and clothes except for the Disney princess dream house and set of 7 Disney princessdolls.

Replies

• Eviesmommy
    November 21, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Skylanders Giants. We got the "starter kit" which is usually $75 for $49 yesterday. Dh wants to get her a Nintendo DSi too, but that would have to be a split gift with SIL at this point. 

• tennisgal
    November 21, 2012 at 9:34 AM

A Lego police station for my 7yo. A Lego Mine for my 5yo. A Lego train for my 3yo.

• momof2hellions
    November 21, 2012 at 9:36 AM
    No Christmas here :( I can't afford anything
  • idee
    by idee
    November 21, 2012 at 9:37 AM

I bought my daughter a computer a while back but now she just plays with her ipad. Most of the time she draws on paper though. She's 14 and is pretty good at drawing on both the computer and paper.

Quoting Sailor_nena:

That's why I bought kid pix. It's a great software that is designed to stimulate the imagination.

Quoting idee:

I think both are actually ok. I mean people will still have kids and an imagination is a good thing to have.

Quoting Sailor_nena:

Our world is evolving. I think the American girl crap is stupid. $100 bucks for a doll? I hope my girls never want that crap and stick to technology instead! A computer or tablet is a step towards becoming comfortable with what has shaped our culture. It's important. What's sad is barring your kids from it and making them play outside, ignorant of the way the world works.

Quoting matofour:

American girl stuff

I am amazed at the amoun of people who only seen to be buying electronic things for their kids.

I get maybe getting one, but I have read over and over that kids are only getting electronic things.

Sad state of reality I guess.

• Hot_Badonkadonk
    November 21, 2012 at 9:37 AM

PS3

• mrswillie
    November 21, 2012 at 9:39 AM

A cruise to the Bahamas!

• just_hc
    by just_hc
    November 21, 2012 at 9:40 AM

I still don't know what I'm getting my kids.  DS (17) will probably just get Cash and gift cards for gas.   DD (15) clothes, uggs, she could use a nice photography camera.   The both already have iphones, computers, Xbox, PS3....they don't really need any big ticket items this year.   I'm more excited to buy for my neices this year (girls age 4, 2 & 4 months).  I just don't know what to get them either.

• Groove
    by Groove
    November 21, 2012 at 9:40 AM
    my 2yr old is getting a play kitchen and 5yr old is getting a play princess castle that she can draw on/decorate
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 21, 2012 at 9:41 AM
    Kindle fire and a camcorder.
  • mom2ljh
    by mom2ljh
    November 21, 2012 at 9:41 AM
    Skylanders Giants
    Other than that, some gift cards for things to do as a family (dinner out, mini golf, etc)

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts