Mom Confessions

Anonymous
How long could you stay in a sexless relationship/ marriage?
by Anonymous
November 21, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Before you couldn't take it anymore and decided to leave?

Replies

• Pnukey
    by Pnukey
    November 21, 2012 at 9:47 AM

All of my relationships before DH were sexless. With DH, our vows said, "Until death do us part" and sex was not mentioned at all. That being said, I'd stay FOREVER since that's what I promised to do. Besides, I actually like my husband a lot, on top of loving him. He's a good person.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 21, 2012 at 9:47 AM
    I was in a 2 1/2 year relationship with my ex, we quit having sex a year in, I wanted it, he wanted it with other people, and he got it from hundreds of other people. Come to find out, he'd been cheating on me since 4 months in. I stayed because I was stupid.

My husband and I may have our weeks, but we have amazing sexual chemistry.
  • SpiritedWitch
    November 21, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Marriage is about more than sex. Focusing so much on sex is what ruins many a relationship and that is really sad. Personally, I think everyone should take a year and not have sex a single time. You will find out what kind of relationship you REALLY have. 

I guess I should answer the question ... yes, I would stay. I love him and didn't marry him to have sex. It's been over a year and I am still here. 

• alyssaravensmom
    November 21, 2012 at 10:03 AM
    Forever
  • LanaTsunami
    November 21, 2012 at 10:03 AM
    Depends
  • Kitschy
    by Kitschy
    November 21, 2012 at 10:04 AM
    I stayed for years. It's very difficult.
  • boshs1andonly
    November 21, 2012 at 10:19 AM

As much as I enjoy having sex with my dh, if it wasn't a part of our relationship but everything else was the same (that he was still affectionate & supportive, a good father, and provides for us) then I would stay. If he was mistreating me and withholding affection, then that's not about sex anymore and we'd have to work that part out. I still wouldn't neccessarily leave though, we've been through a lot of crap and we're still together

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 21, 2012 at 10:21 AM
    I couldn't stay because sex is almost as important as communication imo.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 21, 2012 at 10:30 AM

same here, men act like they'll die without sex.

Quoting Anonymous:

It would thrill me if I never had to have sex again, so....forever!

• malissaL
    November 21, 2012 at 10:31 AM

in a marriage where we were both perfectly healthy...not long. Every marriage is different but sex is of huge importance to me and if my partner was refusing to show his love in that way, it would be a deal breaker.

Mom Confessions