Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
uriahadel
my six year old isnt having christmas this year *edit*
November 21, 2012 at 12:13 AM
We have the money, and even had the toys, but she has always gotten what she has wanted and this year her ungratefulness for everything she owns and gets is has shown... for her birthday she got a dsi from her daddy and a bunch of other toys, but she wanted to open the gifts I got her and I told her to wait til later... I told her I will bring them out later that night because I wanted to give her time to play with her toys from her dad. While I was outside bringing in groceries, she went in the closet and got her toys out anyways. I called her dad and I took all her toys for the week. It broke my heart but she needed to learn a lesson and thought she did but appearantly not...

We have spent over 800 dollars for christmas presents and I had them in my closet. Noone is allowed in my room but everytime I went in my room today, the closet door was opened so I suspected she did it so tonight I sent her in there to put something away and went in after she was done and again the door was open so I confronted her, and she admitted to opening the door to see her gifts... I asked her what all she saw because I was just going to take those gifts and give them to the less fortunate children but she refused to answer so I took all but four small little gifts and brought them out, showed them to her, and explained she wasn't getting them... we took them to the police station, and I had her drop some of them off in the box of toys for tots, and we got back in our car and went home... when we come back from our vacation, Monday she is going to take the rest back to the store and get the money and buy gifts for her sister and other people...

All she is left with is four little toys with stockinng stuffers and everytime she goes back in the closet a toy will get taken and given to someone who will appreciate it...

My two year old is still having christmas and she will still have all the toys we bought her but my six year old is going to learn a lesson the hard way... it breaks my heart but I refuse to have a spoiled brat

Edit:
Well got to go to bed... we have to be up in a couple hours to go out of town for thanksgiving...

But I do want to say one thing... it is kinda funny how I posted the same thing on my fb status and got a different... everyone was all for what I was doing including my family.
I am not doing this to be mean or hateful or to take christmas away from my child... I am doing this to teach her a valuable lessons, and no this is not what normal six year olds do. That is not what I remember growing up and that is not what I want my kids to do... I have rules and I expect them to be obeyed and if they are broken then there will be consequences nomatter if it is christmas or not... she broke my rules and now she has to deal with the consequences. She still has toys, it is just not as much as she would have had..

I am not here to be her friend... I am here to be her mother . And although this hurts me, I have to follow through and I will because she has to learn this lesson.. she willingly did this knowing the consequences for her actions, and now I have to follow through with what I said and punish her so maybe next time this won't happen...

Goodnight ladies... I have to be up in four hours

Replies

• moosesmom
    November 21, 2012 at 12:16 AM
    I'm sure there's more to this. You live with her and I don't. But all I read about was an eager child who couldn't wait to see her gifts. The anticipation was killing her!! Lol.
  • SNA
    by SNA
    Your doing a good thing
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    Too late, you already have a spoiled brat, and have no one to blame but yourself. Do you have any idea what you are doing by not letting her have Christmas? You don't have to spend $800 on a kid at Christmas to have Christmas. She's a kid. You are the adult. Grow the fuck up.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    Damn.
  • tennisgal
    November 21, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Hmm..tough call Momma. The good news...she's only six, plenty of time to teach her an attitude of gratitude. It also sounds like she has been over indulged in the past. As I understand this is not any fun for you either, I hope you both can work through the season and still enjoy your family time together. 

• Melissa_4
    November 21, 2012 at 12:17 AM
    Did it ever occur to you to put a damn lock on your door???
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    November 21, 2012 at 12:19 AM

seems fair enough.  hope she thinks twice before being ungrateful and evasive

• Teacher101

My kids are getting much less this year because they have not taken care of the toys they previously received. Hopefully, they will value the gifts they get this year. It isn't a punishment, it is my own personal reality check, I realize now that spending hundreds of dollars on kids for Christmas was a bad decision on my part.

• The.Hug.Life

Yes, she is teaching her child to not be a little brat. 

More balls than I would have, OP. I don't have that kind of money anyway. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Too late, you already have a spoiled brat, and have no one to blame but yourself. Do you have any idea what you are doing by not letting her have Christmas? You don't have to spend $800 on a kid at Christmas to have Christmas. She's a kid. You are the adult. Grow the fuck up.

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4

You sound really mean, she's just a kid.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN