Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
So apperantly I've been totally wrong for a while...
by Anonymous
November 20, 2012 at 5:31 PM
So people are complaining about kids receiving "cheap dollar store junk" for Christmas from Angel Tree
and other donations.

This was my response:

I buy simple little things like that. We don't have a lot of money and are stretched pretty thin, so we don't spend a lot on presents any way. But we have fun traditions to make up for it and the kids
Are always happy.

And
Even though we aren't doing great financially, I know there are other people who are worse off
And still want to help them. So I'll pick up little
Present for them.

We did the shoebox gift program this year and filled up 2 show boxes, one for a baby one for a toddler,
Wrapped it, labeled
It and donated it.

The baby one had a few diapers,
A rattle, keys, teething circle, a little teddy, a paicifer, some bibs, a couple little shirts, socks, rubber duck, and some sacking cups. And A&D ointment. (all from the dollar tree except for the diapers which came from DDs diapers.)

The toddler box had a coloring book, crayons, a sticker book, some of that drawing foam spray to use in the rub, bubbles, a Jump rope, a pair of gloves and a matching hat, a doodle pad, a few types
Of candy, and a pop up book.

Last year we did a program with a church and recieved a letter from
The little girl who for our gift, she was 5 and was very happy with the baby doll set we got her AT THE DOLLAR TREE.

I wasn't aware we had been doing anything wrong.

So I don't get it. If the kids are happy with their gifts, and people want to help and donate what they can, why bitch?

We were broke when I was little.
I would have been ecstatic to receive ANY kind of toy.

A lot of people
Want to help people who are less fortunate, and as a mother I don't want to see a child go without Christmas present. But not everyone can afford to donate fabulous and expensive presents. Sorry if my "cheap dollar store junk" isn't good
Enough to meet your standards, but get over it and be happy your child got some Christmas presents.

End Rant.

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 20, 2012 at 5:33 PM

My kids are shopping for their siblings at Dollar Tree.  I have no shame.

• areyouatroll
    November 20, 2012 at 5:34 PM
    the women complaining about it dont really need it. They can buy all thst stuff themselves.
  • Jade89
    by Jade89
    A family who truly is in need would be more than grateful their child had ANYTHING to open on Christmas!

I don't understand how people look for help/handouts and then have the nerve to be picky about what is received.

I doubt it's the children who are unhappy with the dollar store toys... And if it is the child then the parent needs to teach their kids to be grateful and not so damn entitled!

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3

Its not the kids, they are happy. Its the bitchy ass parents who think they are entitled to this great gift for their kids. Keep doing what you are doing, your are right. A present is a present, regardless of price.

• jbirdsladie27
    November 20, 2012 at 5:35 PM
    Then why go anon? Just curious lol

Quoting Anonymous:

My kids are shopping for their siblings at Dollar Tree.  I have no shame.

• ARmomOf3
    November 20, 2012 at 5:36 PM

We had a Dollar Tree Christmas last year. 50 bucks went a loooong way and they still play with everything they got.

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    November 20, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Preach Sister!!!

• Sheepy
    by Sheepy
    November 20, 2012 at 5:39 PM

When im at the dollar tree they ask if i want to donate a toy,I say yes,Not everyone can afford top brand toys.I think its the thought that counts,atleast that child gets something for christmas instead of nothing.I`m sure their not complaining.

• LucyHarper

The women who complain have no idea what it's like to be a child who has nothing. Every little thing matters. 

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4

those who really needed it appreciate it and those that complain were trying to scam so let them bitch away! 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts