Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Publicizing the names of those who receive PA
by Anonymous
November 20, 2012 at 4:35 PM

DH and I were watching a documentary about The Dust Bowl last night and one of the people interviewed said that the names of everyone on aid were published in the newspaper every week.  I had never heard that before and wondered what it would be like if we still did that.  Those people were literally starving and struggling like people couldn't imagine and were mortified to have to use the government to feed their families.  It was a source of embarrassment to admit you couldn't take care of your children on your own even though you were going through a natural disaster of mammoth proportions.  What changed?  Now if you can't do enough or don't want to you just walk down to DHS and get all the help you need.  You're patted on the back in many areas for receiving PA.  It just seems people had a lot more pride and drive back then.

Replies

• ButterMeUp
    November 20, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Ugh god! This again. NOT EVERYONE ON FOODSTAMPS ARE MOOTCHERS!

• TigOlBitties
    November 20, 2012 at 4:38 PM
    Oh for fucks sake. No, terrible idea.
  • CCMami
    by CCMami

You are so correct.  We've developed a sense of entitlement.  People think they're entitled to it.  They say, Im a single mother, I need help.  No, we make choices.  We should deal with them on our own instead of looking towards PA, which has now become the "man" to the PA recipient.  It should be there for only the desperate and it should be limited and people should be forced to work.  

• DixieL
    by DixieL

I can't imagine, people being so stupid, to embarrass people becasue they need help. I hope Karma comes back to bite them, and they need help. It would be great for them to have to see their names in the paper.

• gypsy_rose

hell no

• AjCeCeMom
    November 20, 2012 at 4:39 PM
    I haven't seen anyone patted on the back for receiving PA, I think publicizing names is a terrible idea. Although I do agree that the system is broken.
  • wkukid
    by wkukid
    November 20, 2012 at 4:40 PM

The entitlement in this country is sad. People are even complaining about the free toys they get for their kids for Christmas. Apparently if you don't donate a new wii u with 40 games you are a horrible person.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 20, 2012 at 4:41 PM
    Smh, yet again let's punish the less fortunate and treat them like criminals.

Let's publish them like we do sex offenders

Ugh BEING POOR IS NOT A FUCKING CRIME!!
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    Hell, walking into the welfare office was embarrassing enough for me, never mind everyone knowing about it. Its been 14 yrs since I got off and I still fight not to go back on.
  • PinkParadox
    Why do we never talk about how much we pay government officials....for life. They get PA with no questions asked...it's amazing.....

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts