Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
RAPE is a horrendous crime committed by horrendous people who deserve to be in jail for life while tortured daily... HOWEVER
by Anonymous
November 20, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Stop using the fact that you were raped in your life as an excuse to why you have made poor decisions. I see it daily on cafemom when someone is questioned about poor choices, the first thing they say is "well, I was raped so..."

Tragedies happen to people daily, yet those tragedies do not DEFINE who you are. Anytime post discuss PA, or education, or anything else remotely controversal, there's also the select few who have to mention they were a victim to rape as if it excuses every poor decision that has been made since.

I know how it feels to be raped and violated, however I chose not to let it define who I am and chose to exceed in life. I chose not to hold future men accountable or the race of the man ruin my perspective of that race.

If you feel the need to validate your poor choices by the tragedies in life than I truly feel sorry for you. This world has so many more opportunities than your horrible past.

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 20, 2012 at 12:56 PM
    I couldn't agree more and I was also raped.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    November 20, 2012 at 12:58 PM

I was thinking about this yesterday, I was watching intervention. Every single person that is on that show has been raped! And thats why they say they are drug/ alcohol adicts.

• MamaHome
    November 20, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I agree that we shouldn't let our experiences control us. However, they do define us because each of our experiences contribute to our worldview and how we formulate our system of values and beliefs.

The trick is learning to accept/adjust to life based on that knowledge and not using it as a means of justification.

• EAzizM
    by EAzizM
    November 20, 2012 at 1:01 PM
    I agree completely.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    November 20, 2012 at 1:02 PM

i was raped and i kept the baby and created a better life as a survivor

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    November 20, 2012 at 1:03 PM
    I was molested.
  • Retrokitty
    November 20, 2012 at 1:04 PM
    Post traumatic stress disorder is a horrible thing. Rape can cause addiction, its not black and white.
  • Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    It's called PTSD
  • 4kidsmommy

Agreed, agree, agree...instead of a heart were are the golden stars!!! This deserves many!!!!

• Elle.tea.22
    November 20, 2012 at 1:05 PM
    Agreed

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts