Mom Confessions

Anonymous
can I file a lawsuit against headstart??
by Anonymous
November 20, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Last year around this time my two younger kids were in headstart. My youngest who was three at the time is a diabetic. I had to sit through every breakfast and lunch with him at headstart to check is blood sugar and give him insulin because they legally could not. After a simple doc appointment we switch to giving him his shots in his legs and butt area because the doc said his arms needed to heal. (the arms were the only spot our son would allow a shot on a daily basis) headstart new we changed where we were giving him his shots. Right after we changed that I was contacted in person at the headstart building by cps. They said there allegations that the bruises on my son's arms were from physical abuse. The case was closed right away because it was clear the bruises were caused by insulin shots. After the meeting the teacher of my kids class would not talk to me, make eye contact, stayed clear of me, and avoided me at all cost. I knew someone from that building called cps on me and I know they knew those bruises were from the shots and not us physically harming our child. I know it has been a year but could I have done something about the false claim in a legal sense to headstart/teacher for this?

ETA: I dont want to do anything about it now. I was just curious if there was something I could have done about it when it happened. That is all.

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    November 20, 2012 at 12:47 PM
    Didnt think I could. I am not going to do anything about it now. I was just curious if I could have done something about it a year ago.

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

You can pretty much sue everyone here in the US. I don´t think it is very reasonable to do that more than a year later. Why didn´t you do something right away? 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 20, 2012 at 12:47 PM
    She clearly stated she wanted to know if she could have, no reason to be so bitchy. The entire country isn't as money hungry as your comment makes it sound.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Quoting asmalltowngirl:

Why would you file a lawsuit?

cause she needs money now.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 20, 2012 at 12:48 PM
    Maybe for false accusations which i think is defamation to another person
  • OneToughMami
    You are past your 180 days. You only have 180 days to file a suit.
  • notjstasocermom

if she is not planning on it why is she even bother asking.

Quoting Anonymous:

She clearly stated she wanted to know if she could have, no reason to be so bitchy. The entire country isn't as money hungry as your comment makes it sound.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Quoting asmalltowngirl:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 20, 2012 at 12:49 PM

No, you can't sue for getting your feelings hurt.  They are mandatory reporters and no matter why they "thought" the bruises were there they need to protect themselves and report you.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    November 20, 2012 at 12:50 PM
    Because I was curious. What I cant be curious about something that happened in my past?

Quoting notjstasocermom:

if she is not planning on it why is she even bother asking.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Quoting asmalltowngirl:

• hautemama83
    No. And why would you.anyway?
  • AtillaTheHun

The more time you let go by, the bigger the chance of the judge dismissing it. I think you could and should have done something right away. What happened there was not right, and the ones responsible should have had to answer for it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Didnt think I could. I am not going to do anything about it now. I was just curious if I could have done something about it a year ago.

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

You can pretty much sue everyone here in the US. I don´t think it is very reasonable to do that more than a year later. Why didn´t you do something right away? 

• OneToughMami
    November 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM
    If you would have done it then you could have sued but you're too far passed the time frame. Did she not know he was diabetic? I know they recommend to not give the shots in the arm because of brusing and I know from an interview Bret michaels had some serious issues when track marks developed an ER doctor treated him for a heroin od instead of a diabetic issue :-/

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

Mom Confessions