Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
LCWAmommy
Curfews...
November 20, 2012 at 12:12 PM
What's your view on curfews, are you dead set in stone be home by this time no matter who, what, or where or more flexible?
I have never really set a curfew for my kids depending on what is going on they don't usually have to be home at a set time. I have a few "rules" like if youre not eating dinner at a friends house you need to be home for dinner and if you're not spending the night someone will be picking you up by 11 because I don't want to be up all night but other than that I'm pretty flexible. If my kids are out with friends who's parents I trust then they can stay out as late as the parents want to have them out. My 12 year old didn't get home until 1 this morning she had a blast celebrating her friends birthday at Disneyland.
The main reason I ask is because after my oldest daughters(13) band competition Saturday a large group of the kids went to Denny's. hubs and I agreed to go and we have a few of the other kids a ride and let their parents know we would drop them at home after. We left the school at 1145, since it was a group of about 60 most of them teens it took a while for the food to come all of the sudden my daughters friend jumps up and starts to leave, we where taking her home and her stuff was in our car so I told hubs to go see what was up. Her dad was pissed because he wanted her home by 130 (she didnt tell us this) and when she let him know at 1 that she just got her food he told her to be waiting outside at 120. Hubs went and got her stuff and waited with her. I feel bad for her we have known this family forever and the dad has always been like this it's his way or the highway no exceptions.

Replies

There aren't any replies to this post. Be the first to reply!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts