Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Do you believe in ghosts? Have you ever lived in a house you thought was haunted?
by Anonymous
November 20, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Share stories.

We lived in this place for 4 years.

It's set up
Into apartments, we lived in the first door you see on the right.

It was 2 bedrooms, one bath, with an old claw foot tub. And part of a basement.

I swear It was haunted.

After we moved out, I looked into the houses history. I figured it was Old since there was an old, broken, rusty water pump right next to our back door.

It was built in the Mid 1800's the entire property around it use to be one huge farm, and that building is the only original building left standing.

The inside was remodeled in the late 1900's to section it off into apartments, and mess with plumbing and electricity.

But the building was originally the slave's quarters.

The house a little ways down us where the family who owned the farm lived, the original house was torn down a long time a ago and a new house was built.

So am I the only one who has lived in a place that I thought was haunted?

If You wanna know Some of the things that made me believe that just ask
And I'll add it up here.

Edit:ok so since someone wanted me to add this:

I got a weird feeling from the house in the first place. But I dismissed it, it was a new town and I chalked my feeling up to being nervouse about the move.

We were told we could repaint the apartment since the walls were badly stained.

The first day I was painting I kept losing my paint roller. I would leave it on the counter and find in the paint or on the stairs.

I thought I was just tired and our of it so I went back to the motel for the night.

When we moved in a week later the basement still needed cleaned. I went down there to clean up the floor and walls (they were stained from leaks and spills.) the landlord said if we cleaned them to take before and after pictures and he would reimburse us for doing it.

So I was down there taking pictures.
I heard a crash and looked behind me. A few stray bricks had fallen out of the wall. I didn't think anything of it since the house was so old.

So I continued taking the pictures, I got to the last wall, and I swear a saw someone standing there. Pulled a flash lift out to see better but no one was there.

So I statue to take the pictures and through the lense I though a saw a mans face. He face was bony, like he was underweight or starving, with big angry eyes.

But when I put the lense down I didn't see him.

I was hoping it would show up on the pictures...it didn't . I though I had really lost it.

Couple months went by
My brother had autism.

At the time we lived there he didn't go to school.

He didn't watch tv.

He mostly just rocked on his rocking horse.

We found him sitting in the middle of the room one night
Playing "patty cakes" with the air.

He was singing the song. But no one had taught it to him, at first u though he must've just heard it at the store, doctors office or maybe tv.

But I swear I heard a girls voice singing softly under his.

We found him doing that alot.

About a month after the first time, I was in the living room, and I thought I saw my daughter in the TVs reflection, looked like she was sitting on the couch.

I turned around. And she wasn't there.
That was when I started hearing sounds in the living room. DH swore it was just from the tv shorting out and that I was paranoid.

I heard lots of noises, saw a lot of things out of the corner of my eyes, and saw a lot of shadows under doors.

Then there was DDs "imaginary friend". She said his name was Joshua, that he was a big kid (by that she meant like a teenager) and that he said he use to live there and that he would show her all the kid hiding places for hide and seek.

I thought is was odd but she was at that age so we dismissed it.

DH didn't believe me.
Until one day, I heard him fall
Down the stairs. I asked Hume if he was ok, and he said that one of the kids pushed him
On the knee when they ran by and it made him fall.
I told him that the DD was still at school and my brother was taking a nap in the living room.

He swore up and down that he saw someone and that it was DD. we started to argue about it, then DDs bus pulled up. He believed me after that.

But we couldn't afford to move.

I started hearing a lot more noises. Especially late at night.

I would hear little kids laughing and clapping and signing.

Foot steps.

Things
were randomly falling off of shelfs and counters.

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 20, 2012 at 12:04 PM

A view of another side of the building.
  • wkukid
    by wkukid
    November 20, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I've had a reading done on my house. We believe my grandmother followed me here and lives with us. Things move around in the attic and sound like they are knocked over when nothing's in the attic. Doors shut on their own. We have a "dead room" to electronics that didn't used to be dead. 

• Anonymous 1
    November 20, 2012 at 12:08 PM
    Our basement really freaked me out.
    And the closet in my room.

There was a crawl
    Space in
    The top but we were to big of chickens to ever look up there lol.

Quoting wkukid:

I've had a reading done on my house. We believe my grandmother followed me here and lives with us. Things move around in the attic and sound like they are knocked over when nothing's in the attic. Doors shut on their own. We have a "dead room" to electronics that didn't used to be dead. 

• wkukid
    by wkukid
    November 20, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Have you tried talking to it? I was told if I talked to her she would calm down, it works but only for short periods of time. She likes torturing me lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

There was a crawl
    Space in

Quoting wkukid:

• SP_Mama
    by SP_Mama
    November 20, 2012 at 12:10 PM

I believe my great-grandfather's spirit was in the house I grew up in.  When I was little, there were times I would hear footsteps coming from the living room and stop right before getting to my door.  At those times, it was only my sister and I at home and my sister was in her room sleeping at the back of the house.  I found out a few years later that my great-grandfather had died in the house.

• armywifey26
    November 20, 2012 at 12:11 PM

I don't believe in all that crap. Which drives my mother insane because she takes it all so seriously. 

• vrbtnseele
    November 20, 2012 at 12:11 PM
    My moms house is haunted. I have tons of stories, ill try and come post some later. I hate my phones keyboard.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 20, 2012 at 12:14 PM
    sometimes I think my house is haunted. I'm a sahm so I'm alone all day with my 11 month old until about 6 or 7 pm. sometimes I hear doora closing or opening, I hear footsteps, and sometimes it looks like someone is trying to open my bedroom door. sometimes I close doors or cabinets and when I come back they're wide open. it scares the shit out of me.
  • Anonymous 1
    November 20, 2012 at 12:17 PM
    Lol I think I had a few pranksters.

I kept hearing laughing in my basement one day and though I was hearing things until it got louder.

So I yelled for it/them to shut up before I go get some holy water lol

My family heard and thought I was nuts.

Quoting wkukid:

Have you tried talking to it? I was told if I talked to her she would calm down, it works but only for short periods of time. She likes torturing me lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

There was a crawl

Space in

Quoting wkukid:

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    November 20, 2012 at 12:18 PM
    My SIL has spirits that follow her, we used to live with her and they would stay with her/ down in her room u unless she was gone for more then a day then they would come and just kind of hang out wondering where she was, I swear I could feel them just watching me.
    I had no idea the first time she went away and when she came back we were just talking and I happened to mention the feelings I had all week, she then told me about them and all I had to do was tell them that she'd be back X day, worked every time after that lol.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN