Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
'No Kids Allowed'
by Anonymous
November 20, 2012 at 8:58 AM

every year, BF's mom has a holiday party... she sent out an actual invitation (online) this year... on it, it says 'NO kids allowed'....

i have a 7 year old. should I ask if I can bring him? or just decline? Its the day before Christmas and quite honestly, I don't want to leave DS alone for a few hours, on Christmas Eve.... If he was allowed to go, I'd totally go... but I also dont want to be the odd one out that brings a kid.

ETA: since a lot asked about a babysitter.... around here, the price is $10/hour... I do NOT and CAN not spend $50 for a sitter, just to attend the party. DS is only getting some dollar store toy since I'm so strapped for cash.

ETA 2: i highly doubt it'll be a drinking party. BF's family is VERY- anti-drinking. like EXTREME anti-drinking.... ANYWAYS! i plan to decline... but i'm also partially afraid that BF will have to get the 'mom's disappointed' lecture and look. any time me and DS didnt attend, he'd get that (as well as me when i'd go over to visit)... but maybe she wont do that this time, since she's the one who stated no kids allowed?

Replies

• MamaJane
    November 20, 2012 at 9:00 AM
    Decline.
  • Mrs.Pedro
    November 20, 2012 at 9:01 AM
    I just wouldn't go.
  • circle_of_life

I don't normally go to parties that don't allow kids so I probably would not go. Especially on Christmas eve. That's the time you should be hanging out with your kids!

• beerabitch69
    Don't ask.
  • Dzyre1115

I would get a sitter and go!

• luvmymonkeys27
    Decline. If the invite already says no kids, why put yourself and her in the awkward position of asking and being told no?
  • kaysha
    by kaysha
    Decline
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 20, 2012 at 9:02 AM
    I'd get a babysitter and still go.
  • Thelmama

I'd decline.  The invite says no kids.  Just let them know you don't have child care, so you regret it but have to decline.

• ermka
    by ermka
    I'd ask your bf to talk to her & see if she'll make an exception, otherwise just stay home. Does she have other grandkids that are being excluded?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts