Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Ninjabubble
Does anyone else have this problem?
November 19, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Since my DS was born I never sleep when he sleeps. Especially at night. I will only sleep if DH is home.

I am a heavy sleeper and I'm afraid I won't wake up if DS starts crying.

I because if my fear, I only get 4 hours of sleep. DH works nights and sleeps most of the day.

Does anyone else feel like they won't hear their LO if they sleep??

Oh and the crib can't fit in our room and I don't trust myself to bed share. DS's room is right next to ours. So it's not like he is down the hall or anything.

Replies

• Ninjabubble
    Bump
  • Ninjabubble
    Bump
  • ErikaRobin
    November 19, 2012 at 11:38 PM

You have a baby monitor, right?

Even in the next room? 

That helped me sleep.  Cosleeping helped for a while, as did putting the crib in our room.  I tried it all with three different kids.  lol.

I have a profound hearing loss, and you can't sleep in hearing aids, so I know what you're afraid of.    You'll find your groove.

• smurfbitebug
    November 19, 2012 at 11:40 PM
    I was like that for a while after I had DD. The baby monitor helped a lot. I chose a really loud one. And then later on when she was older and mobile I got a video monitor. Which helped even more so.
  • Ninjabubble
    November 19, 2012 at 11:41 PM
    Yup we have a monitor!

Quoting ErikaRobin:

You have a baby monitor, right?

Even in the next room? 

That helped me sleep.  Cosleeping helped for a while, as did putting the crib in our room.  I tried it all with three different kids.  lol.

I have a profound hearing loss, and you can't sleep in hearing aids, so I know what you're afraid of.    You'll find your groove.

• Ninjabubble
    November 19, 2012 at 11:42 PM
    What monitor do you have? Ours isn't very loud and it's Graco. We got it as a shower gift.

Quoting smurfbitebug:

I was like that for a while after I had DD. The baby monitor helped a lot. I chose a really loud one. And then later on when she was older and mobile I got a video monitor. Which helped even more so.

• Wifeyy2Lette
    November 19, 2012 at 11:45 PM
    I was at first but then I realized that even though I can sleep through ANYTHING else, I can't sleep through ds's cry. Freight trains don't bother me but the slightest whimper from ds and I'm awake.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 19, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Nope. I don't have that problem at all, I feel for you though.

• CrimsonRose01
    November 19, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Do you have a monitor? I wake up if my baby coughs in her sleep, and I can sleep through almost anything. I think mothers are programed to wake up when they hear anything from their kids lol. DH on the other hand, won't wake up at all. I could have the monitor up to full volume and let the baby scream (not that I would) and he'd never hear it. I honestly don't think you would have any problem with waking up when the baby cries. 

• Mazie0723
    November 19, 2012 at 11:47 PM
    You will hear your baby cry. My dh sleeps through anything and always woke up whenever the kids cried. I was a very heavy sleeper until I had my oldest.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts