Mom Confessions

Anonymous
HELP!!! What are some good products for eczema ?
by Anonymous
November 19, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Any good products or tips?

Replies

• seraphimsong
    November 19, 2012 at 11:35 PM
    What age?
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    November 19, 2012 at 11:36 PM

He's 4 yrs old

• MissMissfit
    November 19, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I used Aveeno on DD when she was little. Now I use the new Neosporin eczema cream. It works really well. 

• AubreeGrace17
    November 19, 2012 at 11:37 PM
    Cortisone, but avoiding the eyes and mouth. We used it on ds as a newborn when he had it.
  • seraphimsong
    November 19, 2012 at 11:40 PM
    For my dd I sometimes have to give her a lukewarm oatmeal bath and then get her out and not dry her off but rub Vaseline all over her body. Then take those really tight long John type pajamas and run them under the hottest water you can, ring them out, and out them on (this will help the Vaseline to moisturize)

Have them sit for about 30 min ( I usually have dd wear her robe & sit on a towel)

Take it off and moisturize with Eucerin cream before getting dressed
  • momof3198
    November 19, 2012 at 11:41 PM

If he has a dermatolagist ask them for dermasmooth my son had terrible eczema that nothing helped but the dermasmooth oil worked wonders and he is now almost perfectly clear

• jadedcynic

Udder cream did wonders for my daughter.

• seraphimsong
    The Aveeno excema cream works pretty good on my ds, but my dds gets REALLY bad. So I have to do that procedure and she has prescription cream as well.
  • AnastasiaKorsh
    November 19, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Aveeno works really well for me. So does Auqafor(I think thats how you spell it)

Also, Colloidal otameal works really well.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 19, 2012 at 11:42 PM
    I make my own mix of hydrocortisone cream, antibiotic cream and Vaseline. If you read the high priced eczema creams that is what they are made with as well. This mix works great! One of my ds's has it so bad in the winter that I do have to use prescription eczema cream and that is a godsend for him!
    I give my yds a warm bath then dry him off then spread a thin layer of my concoction then cover him with tighter fitting Jammie's and by morning he is better and no itching at night! In between baths I do the same, spred it on then tighter fitting Jammie's.

Mom Confessions