Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Why do you think its ok to make your older kids babysit your littles ones?
by Anonymous
November 19, 2012 at 11:13 PM
They didn't create those kids! If you can't afford to pay a babysitter w/o relying on your present kids, maybe you shouldn't have more kids until you have that figured out. That makes me so angry seeing a child's childhood snatched because their little lives are wrapped up in their siblings. It isn't right!

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 20, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Why can't I pay my dd to watch them instead of a stranger?  She likes to babysit!

• MamaPeanut
    November 20, 2012 at 3:26 PM
    I completely agree!
  • jbirdsladie27
    November 20, 2012 at 3:26 PM
    Ehh, whatever, I never did it. But each family is different so.........
  • Cheribomb
    November 20, 2012 at 3:27 PM

i don't think its a big deal once in awhile.. My neighbor is a single mom with 5 kids, she is NEVER home. the older 2 kids ( 14 & 13) are CONSTANTLY watching the others (10,8, 6)  she lays around the house all day & then usually about 10 mins before the kids get home from school, she leaves.  I have a problem with that.  when she is home & the kids are around, she is usually sleeping so they even babysit themselves when she is home too.  

• AtillaTheHun
    November 20, 2012 at 3:30 PM

And I guess that is exactly why you are not showing your SN.. because your story is so true, right :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

I have grown kids and little kids. I have never had my older kids watch my little kids. I am the parent, it is my job to watch my kids. Nobody elses.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 20, 2012 at 3:33 PM
    That happened to me growing up. It was all the time not just a couple nights. It sucked but on the lighter side i have a very close relationship with my siblings.
  • F_Stathouse
    November 20, 2012 at 3:37 PM
    I agree with all u said. I grew up 2nd oldest out of 5 kids. By the time I was 12, I had three siblings under the age of 4 to watch. I helped out with everything in the house too.

I had my two boys starting at 19 ending at 23. My sisters 9 and 6 then chipped in with them.

Now my 7 yr old watches his brother 4 outside and they both help indoors. Laundry, dishes, mopping, bed making, cooking, room cleaning, trash, etc they help without complaining.

Its just us three and they know I need their help and teamwork. I am fair and we compromise on lots of stuff. My kids opinion does count to me. :-)

Family equals teamwork, fairness, and lots of love.

Quoting matofour:

We are a family. That means we help each other out. They work around the house (I know our kids do much more around the house than most). If I need help with a little one, then my older one can help.

I am a mom,

Not the maid, not a cook, not a chauffeur.

We, in our family help each other out.

• Benjamins-mama
    November 20, 2012 at 3:41 PM

I dont see how an older sibling watching their younger ones maybe  2 or 3 times a month is stealing their childhood away but ok

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 20, 2012 at 4:20 PM
    I have never ever posted with my SN on CM. I only post anon. I only belong to MC.

Believe what you want. I never leave my kids with anyone other then DH.

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

And I guess that is exactly why you are not showing your SN.. because your story is so true, right :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

I have grown kids and little kids. I have never had my older kids watch my little kids. I am the parent, it is my job to watch my kids. Nobody elses.

• TrouserMouse
    November 20, 2012 at 4:22 PM
    Drama Queen Alert!

Mom Confessions