Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Why do you think its ok to make your older kids babysit your littles ones?
by Anonymous
November 19, 2012 at 11:13 PM
They didn't create those kids! If you can't afford to pay a babysitter w/o relying on your present kids, maybe you shouldn't have more kids until you have that figured out. That makes me so angry seeing a child's childhood snatched because their little lives are wrapped up in their siblings. It isn't right!

Replies

• AtillaTheHun
    November 20, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Yeah, ok. Whatever. Coward. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I have never ever posted with my SN on CM. I only post anon. I only belong to MC.

Believe what you want. I never leave my kids with anyone other then DH.

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

And I guess that is exactly why you are not showing your SN.. because your story is so true, right :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

I have grown kids and little kids. I have never had my older kids watch my little kids. I am the parent, it is my job to watch my kids. Nobody elses.

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    November 20, 2012 at 5:18 PM
    Wow that burned........not.

*giggles*

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

Yeah, ok. Whatever. Coward. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I have never ever posted with my SN on CM. I only post anon. I only belong to MC.

Believe what you want. I never leave my kids with anyone other then DH.

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

And I guess that is exactly why you are not showing your SN.. because your story is so true, right :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

I have grown kids and little kids. I have never had my older kids watch my little kids. I am the parent, it is my job to watch my kids. Nobody elses.

• meka26
    by meka26
    November 20, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I agree 100%. I hate to see older kids having to babysit w/out a choice. If your kids did not lay down and make them, they should not be made to take care of them.

• SnapIt
    by SnapIt
    November 20, 2012 at 5:21 PM
    If the older child doesnt mind, fine
    But when a parent "makes" that older child do it, wrong

Not fair to make them watch the younger one. Its not their responsibility. Cleaning their room is. Babysitting a child they didnt chose to have, is not
  • amberklo
    November 20, 2012 at 5:23 PM
    need some pop corn tthhiisss. should get interesting : )
  • gotnothinonme
    November 20, 2012 at 5:27 PM

I watched my siblings constantly, often missing school to do so, while cooking, cleaning and doing make up work to keep my grades up, THAT was awful.

Asking my 14 year old to watch her siblings so dad and I can go have dinner occasionally? not so much-

they do chores too, each and every one, even the three year old picks up his toys and wipes down the bathroom sink when we're done brushing his teeth.

• Dominosmommy
    November 20, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Uhh because it is free. Because she isn't doing anything anyway. Because it is one day and it won't kill them to spend time with each other. Because I rather trust her with her sister than some stranger.  Those seem like good enough reasons

• SevenKisses
    November 20, 2012 at 5:31 PM

I would never 'MAKE' them babysit (unless it was some type of emergency situation) -- but ask them, and pay them? Sure.

• notjustamomee
    November 20, 2012 at 5:37 PM

I think if your having your older child watch your younger ones for hours on end, day after day then yes it's wrong. But a few hours every now and then i see no problem. Usually if my older child watches the younger ones i will pay her what i would a babysitter.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts