Mom Confessions

Anonymous
I'm the world's worst mom!!
by Anonymous
November 19, 2012 at 10:53 PM

So, I got the new Galaxy Note II today, and I have been downloading apps on it. I downloaded the "Scare Your Friends" app. It's an app that you set a timer, let someone play with your phone, and when the time's up, the entire HUGE screen flashes to a horrifying picture like the girl from the Grudge, and let's out a scream from the exorcist. 

Anyways, I was going to scare my 10 year old with it so I called her in the room. I was "showing" her my new phone, and right as it was about to go off, my 5 year old son walked up beside her without me seeing him. The stupid thing went off, and OMG I've NEVER heard such a terrified scream like that before. He screamed, cried and shook for a good 20 minutes before I could finally get him calm. RIGHT before bedtime, too. I freaking feel horrible.

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 19, 2012 at 10:54 PM
    Lmao
  • Lorelai_Nicole
    November 19, 2012 at 10:54 PM
    Aw, poor kiddo. Don't feel too bad, you didn't do it on purpose. Maybe next time he won't sneak up on people!
  • skittlebeans88
    November 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM
    Lol that's pretty funny though
  • alwayskk
    November 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM

LOL

My son would have peed in his pants and not talked to me for a few hours.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    November 19, 2012 at 10:56 PM

It was not in the least funny. I seriously think he was traumatized. I've NEVER in 5 years seen him that absolutely terrified. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Lmao

• maryjmom
    Is it bad that I laughed like hell after reading this?
  • sadiebug1228
    Hahaha my 4 yr old loves to be scared lol ill hide behind a wall or behind the couch and when he walks by ill jump out and scream. He jumps like 10 feet in the air and then laughs!! I so want to get that app and scare the bejesus out of him haha he would love it!
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 19, 2012 at 10:57 PM
    Okay.... Hehehe... Okay okay I'm sorry it's not funny .. For him. But I laughed like crazy!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

It was not in the least funny. I seriously think he was traumatized. I've NEVER in 5 years seen him that absolutely terrified. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Lmao

• nymphogirl06
    November 19, 2012 at 10:58 PM
    Lol I would have laughed but I guess I'd be a horrible Mommy then to I'm going to have to get dh on that one. Poor thing hope he feels better soon.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    November 19, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I cried because he was shaking so hard from head to toe and just clinging to me. I apologized a thousand times and asked him to forgive me. I've never felt so horrible and mean towards a child in my life.

Quoting nymphogirl06:

Lol I would have laughed but I guess I'd be a horrible Mommy then to I'm going to have to get dh on that one. Poor thing hope he feels better soon.

Mom Confessions