Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Cymbeline
So tired :/
November 19, 2012 at 7:54 PM

My daughter had a total of 15 seizures today. 6 of them occurred after she was given her emergency medication.

Her nurse called me while she was at school, and I told her to give her the medication. I picked them up early, and called her neurologist immediately. He increased the dose of her regular medication.

Thankfully, she's been seizure free for a few hours. If she would have continued, we would have been making a trip to the hospital.

I have to say I'm so thankful for her nurse. Before she had her, situations like this ended in an ambulance ride for dd, and several hours of her being miserable in the hospital.

The poor kid is so worn out. I'll definitely be sleeping right next to her tonight. By sleeping, I mean watching her while she sleeps. Right now, she's sleeping a few feet away from me. *sigh*

It just makes me feel so helpless when things like this happen. I just want to make it all better for her.

Replies

• hlzcmjzajz
    November 19, 2012 at 7:59 PM
    Oh my, I'm so sorry :( my ds had 4 febrile seizures between the ages of 11 months & 2 years & they were soo scary, I can't even imagine what you're going through... Your dd will be in my prayers...
  • Cymbeline
    November 19, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Quoting hlzcmjzajz:

Oh my, I'm so sorry :( my ds had 4 febrile seizures between the ages of 11 months & 2 years & they were soo scary, I can't even imagine what you're going through... Your dd will be in my prayers...

Those are scary, especially in a baby so young. :( I'd imagine they're even more scary when your child doesn't have a history of seizures. 

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    November 19, 2012 at 8:07 PM
    Its very scary. My dd started having seizures on her first bd. Its a horrible thing to go through. Hope she feels better soon
  • .thatsme.
    November 19, 2012 at 8:07 PM
    That's so scary mama! (((HUGS)))
  • thefiregoddess
    November 19, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Oh my! I'm gla shes doing better!

*hug*

• darcibeisheim
    November 19, 2012 at 8:10 PM

hugs!  make sure she has had something to eat or drink to replace her energy she used during the seizures, low blood sugar can set off seizures too...

• otoole
    by otoole
    November 19, 2012 at 8:12 PM

poor baby, i am so sorry you are going through this. i wouldn't be able to sleep either. i hope she gets better. hugs

• FL2AK
    by FL2AK
    November 19, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I am so sorry.  I hope you both get some rest.

• MichelleSw
    November 19, 2012 at 8:15 PM

So terrible :( My DD had one once and my godchild has them really frequent. Thankfully, after they started her on meds she hasn't had another one. Poor baby... I know how physically draining they can be... Whether it means anything or not to you, I will pray for your sweet angel. 

• hlzcmjzajz
    November 19, 2012 at 10:13 PM
    Definitely- & even more so because I knew what he was going through, I used to have seizures as a teenager... IMO you're a very strong woman to be able to go through that so much...

Quoting Cymbeline:

Quoting hlzcmjzajz:

Those are scary, especially in a baby so young. :( I'd imagine they're even more scary when your child doesn't have a history of seizures. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN