Mom Confessions

jb0520
What would you do if your 4 year old told you this about preschool?????????
by jb0520
November 19, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I made a post last week but I would like some more opinions.

My four year old son came home from preschool and told me that him and two other boys go in the back corner where no one else can see them and play Dr. Theres a big rock in the corner they call "the dr bed" He told me one boy got completely naked, the other boy took his shoes, socks, pants, underwear off. That's when the teacher found them! He told me he was patient number 3 so he didn't get to play yet. He said the teacher helped the other boys get dressed! He only knows one of the boys names the other one he never played with before.

Now, this was last Thursday I went to the school first thing Friday morning asking the director why I was not told about this incident since a teacher found them. She had no idea about it, the teacher never told her. I told her I thought it was inappropriate and I believe an incident report should have been written and there is no reason i should be hearing this from my 4 year old!! I know the one mother of the other boy and I told her.The teacher that found them took Friday off so she was not there. She said she would call me first thing Monday morning, by 11:00 I did not receive a call. I called at 11:45 and she said the teacher came in today not feeling well so she sent her home and she would call me tomorrow. I'm pissed she didn't even call to tell me that she didn't get a chance to talk to her or just give me a call to let me know she would ask tomorrow...I feel that this is being handled completely wrong!!! I told her my son would not be attending school until I get some explanation!

This is what I want. I want her story of what happened, an explatation of why she did not report this, I want all parents informed of her story what she saw and did, and all children talked to!!!

I'm so upset with all of this? Am I handling this wrong, should i demand more? Please give your advice and opinions on what you would do in this situation....

No bashing please Thank you

ETA: I'm also very concerned that he doesn't know the one boys name because my son always stays and plays with his best buddies so it's very strange that he was off with a boy he doesn't know

Replies

• jbirdsladie27
    November 19, 2012 at 5:47 PM
    Wow is all I got! An explanation is warranted for sure!
  • MrsRinehart2010
    November 19, 2012 at 5:48 PM

I think that your doing is fine but I would make sure they ask that the boys not be named so that the boy thier self arent being labledl.. fact is it could be something completly innocent or it could be something else going on.

• jb0520
    by jb0520
    November 19, 2012 at 5:55 PM

BUMP

• jb0520
    by jb0520
    November 19, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I agree, I just want something done about it

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

I think that your doing is fine but I would make sure they ask that the boys not be named so that the boy thier self arent being labledl.. fact is it could be something completly innocent or it could be something else going on.

• peanutsmommy1
    November 19, 2012 at 5:59 PM
    I would wait to hear from the teacher before jumping to any conclusions. Im not saying your child,is lying, but you dont have the whole story
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 19, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Probably should've been mentioned to you, certainly.

Sounds like it's been going on for a while now...not something that's just happened once?

This would concern me on a few different levels:  One, that these children have enough time unsupervised behind a rock that they could do this more than once, and two, that the teacher didn't tell you, thereby trying to forget it ever happened.

Teacher may be embarrassed that she did not see it sooner and didn't want to get yelled at...but what else is happening there that isn't being reported to teachers?

As an aside:  I remember playing "doctor" with a little boy my mom babysat.  We would get a blanket and make a fort, and play doctor inside the fort.  We didn't know it was wrong.  We were just exploring.  Mom was oblivious to what was going on under there.

Now, that being said, neither of us was raised in a home with sexual abuse, so it truly was just exploring and nothing else.

• jb0520
    by jb0520
    November 19, 2012 at 6:06 PM
    Thats the thing tho, they weren't ever going to tell me.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

I would wait to hear from the teacher before jumping to any conclusions. Im not saying your child,is lying, but you dont have the whole story

• Mrs.Winchester
    November 19, 2012 at 6:07 PM
    I don't know...it's a typical thing that children do...I don't see myself being so upset about this. You only know one side of the story at this point, too- a 4 year olds. For all you know there is a reason why she didn't tell you.
  • peanutsmommy1
    November 19, 2012 at 6:07 PM
    Quoting jb0520:

What Im saying is without speaking to the teacher you dont know that it DID happen
  • Charweba
    November 19, 2012 at 6:12 PM

I'd be just as pissed off as you are!!!! Holy cow! The teacher should have pulled you and the other mothers aside the day it happened! I'm pissed just thinking about the situation and it didn't even happen to me. I hope you get this straightened out.

Mom Confessions