Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I invited my MIL to my homebirth...
by Anonymous
November 19, 2012 at 3:57 PM

And said she was "going to come anyways."

Why do people not think it is a big deal to invite someone to their birth whether it be out of hospital, in hospital or a birth center? Why do people just "expect" to be invited. It is an EXTREMELY intimate and EXTREMELY life changing experience to give birth rather it be c-section or vaginal.No matter how many times you give birth.

This is my second birth and she may not even make it since she lives 2,000 miles away.

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 19, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Rude of her. She can come for the baby's arrival but she shouldn't expect to be there in the room while you're giving birth.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    November 19, 2012 at 3:58 PM

My family and in-laws knew that they had to be invited to the actual birth of my kids. And I certainly would NOT have had my MIL in the room.

• littlesippycup
    November 19, 2012 at 3:59 PM

I don't know. We didn't want anyone there when I had dd. It's not a movie for people to sit there and watch. It was only us and staff and that's the way I wanted it.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 19, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Exactly. She may distract me and the last thing I want is someone to trick me out of my labor progressing and it stalling out. It was going to be between my mother for my labor support, my husband for our sons support and I was going to let her be here for the arrival and my sons support also.  I don't get it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Rude of her. She can come for the baby's arrival but she shouldn't expect to be there in the room while you're giving birth.

• Anonymous 1
    November 19, 2012 at 4:02 PM

That is great. Atleast yours didn't invite themselves.

Quoting Anonymous:

My family and in-laws knew that they had to be invited to the actual birth of my kids. And I certainly would NOT have had my MIL in the room.

• Anonymous 1
    November 19, 2012 at 4:04 PM

It was just going to be between my mother and I (as my labor coach this time around since my husband SUCKS at labor support), my midwife team and my husband taking care of our son as I labor. I wanted my MIL to help with our son if I wanted my husband. I didn't want it to be a movie like my hospital was (a resident, two techs and two nurses and the OB)

Quoting littlesippycup:

I don't know. We didn't want anyone there when I had dd. It's not a movie for people to sit there and watch. It was only us and staff and that's the way I wanted it.

• kde216
    by kde216
    November 19, 2012 at 4:04 PM
    Is this your first home birth? I want to have one so bad but my mil keeps talking me out of it.
  • Yogamom08
    November 19, 2012 at 4:05 PM
    Wow that is weird of her.

Anyone who expects to be in the delivery room with DH and me is nuts.
  • deviljrswifey
    November 19, 2012 at 4:06 PM
    Yea i know..that is rude. My MIL got so pissed when i said she wasnt allowed in the room when i was giving birth. Just me and my hubby. But i needed a c-section anyways.
  • Anonymous 1
    November 19, 2012 at 4:07 PM

My first homebirth, my second all natural non medicated birth. My Grandmother and mom tried to talk me out of it but I educated my mother and she is on board. My MIL was kinda surprised I opt'ed for a homebirth this time around but she didn't try to talk me out of it or mention it. She just asked me what if something happened and I explained it to her. It's a very personal choice and it should definitely be entered with caution. It takes a lot of research and  a TON of midwife interviews to find the right one.

Quoting kde216:

Is this your first home birth? I want to have one so bad but my mil keeps talking me out of it.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts