Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I invited my MIL to my homebirth...
by Anonymous
November 19, 2012 at 3:57 PM

And said she was "going to come anyways."

Why do people not think it is a big deal to invite someone to their birth whether it be out of hospital, in hospital or a birth center? Why do people just "expect" to be invited. It is an EXTREMELY intimate and EXTREMELY life changing experience to give birth rather it be c-section or vaginal.No matter how many times you give birth.

This is my second birth and she may not even make it since she lives 2,000 miles away.

Replies

• christina200384
    November 19, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Idk why people think it is such a huge deal. My in laws are not welcome for when i delever our child one day. They are super drama and I want no part of that on one of the most special days of my life. My sister in law will not be invited to my baby shower either!!!!

• tennisgal
    November 19, 2012 at 11:31 PM

extremely intimate?? HA! Maybe before FB and iphones and people put all of their business all over the place for everyone to see. I kind of assume that's why. 

However, I don't want anyone but DH in the room with me during labor nor delivery. I am a very private person so I can't imagine anyone (mom or mil) saying to me, "well I was coming anyway." 

• Sanctimommy
    November 19, 2012 at 11:36 PM

'Going to come anyways'? 

• Nunyabusiness
    November 19, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Geez I hope none of my kids,or their wives ask me to attend a birth, I would hate to insult someone and say no bleeping way. I would never ever want to be a part of that intimate experience meant just for them. Plus the sight of blood makes me light headed.

• illinoismommy83
    November 19, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I think you need an invite to view someone's vagina. I would never invite myself to a vagina-viewing party. It is very rude to assume that you get to see simply because you want to.

• Nunyabusiness
    November 19, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Quoting tennisgal:

extremely intimate?? HA! Maybe before FB and iphones and people put all of their business all over the place for everyone to see. I kind of assume that's why. 

However, I don't want anyone but DH in the room with me during labor nor delivery. I am a very private person so I can't imagine anyone (mom or mil) saying to me, "well I was coming anyway." 

Right? Someone from my high school took a picture of his son coming out of his gf's vj! Like the actual image...on my newsfeed...I got to see some strangers bloody vagina. Are you kidding me?!?! There are some details that should be kept private and that's be one of them!

• Nicky2911
    November 20, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Wow I have never heard of anyone saying they would "come anyway" unless they were meaning waiting in some sort of waiting room or something >.> Maybe she thought she was being reassuring as in absurd to think she wouldn't come?? I dunno seems like a stretch but I try to think the best.

• Liz.Sisk
    November 20, 2012 at 3:08 AM
    My MIL wouldn't say it to my face but she told everyone she was going to be there in the room while I was giving birth and said she was going to hold that baby even before I was allowed to, I told that bitch if she showed up no matter how bad my contractions were I'd get out of that bed and beat the living shit out of her. She never showed :)
  • mattiehatter
    November 20, 2012 at 4:46 AM

I told my mom and my mother that when it comes to birth other than the hospital staff there is a a really good chance that it is just going to be DH and I.

• ohbamitsans
    November 20, 2012 at 4:48 AM
    I don't think she should of assumed like that but then again, maybe she just knew you was going to invite her anyways.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts