Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Should a 3 year old know their letters?
by Anonymous
November 19, 2012 at 3:10 PM
My daughter turned 3 on may 28th. She can count to 15, sing her ABC,s, knows her colors and shapes and can write her name but she just can't remember her letters besides the ones in her name. Is that normal? Should she know all her letters by now?

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    November 19, 2012 at 3:11 PM
    Bump
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    November 19, 2012 at 3:11 PM
    I'm afraid she will be behind next fall in pre-k.
  • Velany
    by Velany
    November 19, 2012 at 3:12 PM

i would say she is fine..i mean my DD is 5 and it took her a while to remember the letters and remember the order that they go into..i even talked to her school and they said that stuff was normal they wouldnt really worry about it unless she was just falling behind but since she is only 3 id say just keep practicing :)

• workingmama86

sounds like she is doing well. I wouldn't worry about her not knowing her letters. She will learn them soon enough it seems! :)

• BShip2010

Mine knew her letters and could recognize them at 18 months.  She now, at 3, counts to 15 in English and 8 in Spanish, knows colors and shapes and writes some letters.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    She's right on schedule
  • brittany208
    November 19, 2012 at 3:13 PM

No, she's right on track. Kids still work on ABCs in kindergarten, although its good if they know them before they start kindergarten.

• Velany
    by Velany

also, my DD is in Pre-k right now and they are just really learning their ABCs and numbers and shapes and colors nothing extreme..cause most of that comes in kindergarten.

• Ber-Lynn
    You can't compare children or it will drive you crazy. Kids learn at different times.
  • PeaceLoveZ

She can sing them but not say them? I don't understand that.
    I too have a 3yo, (he turned 3 in August) and we are working on our ABC's... He can remember up to K. We are just starting on LMNO.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts