Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
lowencope
Do u lie about how much money you make?
November 19, 2012 at 1:51 PM
Seems like there are a lot of well off ppl here. Also I see a lot of ppl posting to poor moms not to get their kids presents if they can't afford it but yet they are the ones buying iPads for every kid. Is the majority really so well off?

Replies

• Anonymous 7
    by Anonymous 7
    November 19, 2012 at 2:22 PM
    I'm a SAHM so 0. DH's income is enough to support us, and we live comfortably.
  • inmybizz
    November 19, 2012 at 2:23 PM

I would never discuss that on line..I don't even discuss that with real life friends/family.

• thehickinhickor
    November 19, 2012 at 2:23 PM
    Nope i don't lie and i buy within my means and i buy used because coast of new is over priced
  • .oOMellyOo.
    November 19, 2012 at 2:24 PM

No, I don't believe I've ever posted our annual income.... so by default I've never lied about it.

• TSNDDY
    by TSNDDY
    November 19, 2012 at 2:24 PM
    We aren't that well off(where we live), DF makes good money though. No, I do not lie. My daughter has an iPad but we did not buy it, it was a gift from her Uncle.
  • livelaughlov26
    November 19, 2012 at 2:25 PM
    I think a lot of people lie about many things on here.
  • mkh615
    by mkh615

DH is a Penn Law grad and I am getting my MSN. We're just fine. I was also completely honest about money when we both decided to go down new career paths, had to go back to college again and we had no money whatsoever. It was a really hard 2 years, but we worked really and we earned what we have now!

• Anonymous 8
    by Anonymous 8

We aren't hurting, we don't use credit cards just cash, we live smart.

• godsgirl26
    There's no need for me to lie about anything i will say i will never post how much money we make never.
    We are are living GREAT :) i have no complaint's.
  • 4noodles4me
    November 19, 2012 at 2:27 PM
    Or have a SO that plays professional sports. I get a lot of "sure you do". Or "I know who you are, why are you on Cafemom?"
    For one I work. Being a Realtor is flexible. I may not show a house for a week. Doesn't mean I'm not scouting buyers online. Two I've had some health issues slow me down. Come Christmas time I'm swamped so you may not see me on here but one day or evening for a month.

Quoting CoolRelax:

I think that there are a few folks who are very well off, but that a lot of people who get tagged as boastful or "rich" because they live in high-income/high cost areas, are a little older with more job experience and/or have their own business.  These are the folks who will report that perhaps they bring home over 7K a month, or over 100K a year or something, and the ladies who live in low-income/low-cost areas think it sounds like a lie.  So to mock the "liars" they begin to post ridiculous answers like "a kajillion dollars a month!" or some such nonsense. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts