Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Surviving the holidays with in-laws
by Anonymous
November 19, 2012 at 12:28 PM

So how do you survive the holidays with the in-laws?

Now I love my in-laws, I have always got along with them. However, just recently my SIL blew up (for NO reason) at my son's birthday party. She yelled, screamed, cursed, made this huge scene. I let DH handle it and she left shortly after. I have never felt so hurt and betrayed. She refuses to admit she did anything wrong. Since she will not apologize she is not welcome in our home. I am more than willing to forgive if she can give my husband and I an honest face to face apology, but she won't do it.

Anyway we are going to DH's grandparents house for Thanksgiving. The kids and I will be riding up with MIL on Wednesday and DH won't be up there until Friday night after work (it's about a 4 hour drive). Anyway I am dreading being stuck in a tiny house for several days with my narcissistic SIL and no husband for support. SIL has turned into an evil, evil person in the past week. I have no trust for her and she is doing everything she can to spite me. I have done nothing because whatever happens from here on out, I want my hands to be completely clean on any wrong doing. I want to wait until Friday and just go up with DH, but he thinks I should just go with MIL.

Idk what to do. WWYD? Or what do you do when it comes to nasty family?

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    November 19, 2012 at 4:09 PM

bump

• babynurse244
    November 19, 2012 at 4:10 PM

My problem was my IL's. We no longer attend family events. Life has been much better.

• Dzyre1115
    November 19, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I love being with my in-laws, it's a good time, so no need to, "survive", them.  Years ago it wasn't great so I only went if I had a young child to tend to so I could avoid dealing with them.

• brettsmomma
    November 19, 2012 at 4:11 PM

My husband and I made a promise to each other when we started living together... We get a hotel. If we cant afford to get a hotel for out of state visits then we do not go. I NEED  a quiet place for my son and i to recoup after hours with family. Our parents have gotten the hint and even tho I offer they also get a hotel when visiting us. Its heaven. 

• crescentstar2
    November 19, 2012 at 4:13 PM

I don't see them as my in-laws but my family. They treat me just like I am their blood daughter :-D I love them. I go there all the time without DH

• Abigail0210
    November 19, 2012 at 4:14 PM

I used to have an evil SIL. I just stayed away....

If she was not like this before, perhaps the two of you can take a walk and you can say soemthing like "I can see that things are going on in your life....do you want to talk about it?"

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 19, 2012 at 4:15 PM
    Alcohol! Lots of alcohol!
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 19, 2012 at 4:20 PM

I am going to my Sil and Bil home for Christmas. At my Mil's request. My mil and sil do not get along well, and my bil can be an ass. The sil and mil are my husband's sister and mother, bil is married to sil. My sil has taken the role of tamping down every emotion and placating her husband when he gets all pms-like. I will be taking my cues from her and trying to not lose my marbles in the two days, three nights we will be there. 

My advice would be hold your tongue snd don't let the bullshit get to you.

• Anonymous
    November 19, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Quoting Abigail0210:

I used to have an evil SIL. I just stayed away....

If she was not like this before, perhaps the two of you can take a walk and you can say soemthing like "I can see that things are going on in your life....do you want to talk about it?"

I have thought about trying that, I would LOVE to try that in fact. But she has always had a temper and if someone says something she doesn't agree with she starts screaming. I truly believe there is something deeper going on with her but I don't think she would even let me try and help her. Plus the last thing I would want is to try and talk to her and her blow up and then be stuck with her for several days. I feel like nothing will be right no matter what I do.

• Anonymous
    November 19, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Alcohol! Lots of alcohol!

lol I agree

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts