Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
jeannie39
Would you save these children?
November 19, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I was reading another post and it got me to thinking. If your adult children could not or would not raise their kids, would you step in and raise them? I know people who could have kept their grandchildren from going into state custody, but wouldn't.I also know people who are raising grandchildren, now. I'm not judging, in any way. I know what I would do but I'm curious about why some people will and some won't.

* I'm not saying a child that goes into the system needs saving, I'm just needed a title and it worked.

Would you raise a family members child/children to keep them from ending up in "The System"?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 94% - If yes, why?
  2. 5% - If no, why?

Replies

• Aislinn
    by Aislinn
    November 19, 2012 at 12:37 PM

In a heart beat. I would be soooo angry at my son for his bad decisions, but no way my grandchild would be put in the system and be forced to pay for said bad decisions.

• Mom2Boys9501
    November 19, 2012 at 12:53 PM

I would do it in a heartbeat.

I think it's the right thing to do.

• jb0520
    by jb0520
    November 19, 2012 at 12:54 PM
    Yes!!!! I would never want my grandkids in the system!
  • Kellyjude1
    November 19, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Yes, I would step up in a heartbeat.  Actually I have stepped in for non- family members and helped to prevent children from going into the system.  When it comes to a child/children my heart goes out.   

• just_hc
    by just_hc
    November 19, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I would do it for my grandchildren as well as my nieces in a heartbeat.  My mother raised my cousins to keep them out of that system.  I'm not sure what would have become of them if they had not stepped in.

• ilovemykids323
    November 19, 2012 at 1:27 PM

yes. its more then keeping them out of the system. they are my family. my grandbabies so yes if they needed me i would be there for them.

• .Nobody.
    November 19, 2012 at 1:28 PM
    Only if those children were my grand children. Other than that NO I would not take them.
  • lowencope
    November 19, 2012 at 1:30 PM
    Well of course. Being with a family memberia much better than going to foster care.
  • othermom
    November 19, 2012 at 1:34 PM

It would depend on whos kids. My brest friends kids I would help her how ever I could, but i could not take her kids in. Her 3 year old is autistic and she has a 9 month old.  My bil's little girl I could and would if needed. It really just depends.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 19, 2012 at 1:34 PM
    Most likely, yes. My aunt is raising her step-grandchildren well technically her son(call him R)/their mom never got married, and the kids were from GF's previous relationship, but she treated them like her own grandchildren. The kids' mother, and R broke up the mom surrendered her children to the state because she's a crazy drug addict so is R. Unfortunately the kids were abused, and have A LOT of problems so my aunt is having a terrible time with them. I can understand why some people can't do it, but if it ever happened to me I hope I would be to help.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts