Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
jeannie39
Would you save these children?
November 19, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I was reading another post and it got me to thinking. If your adult children could not or would not raise their kids, would you step in and raise them? I know people who could have kept their grandchildren from going into state custody, but wouldn't.I also know people who are raising grandchildren, now. I'm not judging, in any way. I know what I would do but I'm curious about why some people will and some won't.

* I'm not saying a child that goes into the system needs saving, I'm just needed a title and it worked.

Would you raise a family members child/children to keep them from ending up in "The System"?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 94% - If yes, why?
  2. 5% - If no, why?

Replies

• Lovemyfamilyof8
    November 19, 2012 at 11:48 AM

yes i would

• Fields456
    Yes I would I would even take my nephews if I ever needed too
  • Melissa_4

Quoting ff-princess:

I wouldn't do it to keep them out of the system, I would do it because it's the right thing to do.

This.
  • LucyHarper
    November 19, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Yes, I'm raising my siblings for that reason, and I would raise any future grandchildren. I could never watch my family members get seperated and placed in strangers homes.

• PeaceLoveZ
    November 19, 2012 at 11:49 AM

I would, absolutely. But if my child was being a bad parent, no matter their age, I'd whoop their butt on a regular basis.

• mom2the.rescue
    November 19, 2012 at 11:51 AM

I don't think I could live with myself if I didn't take care of my family, and that's including extended relatives...but that doesn't mean I would take in a whole ton of peoples' kids lol...I do have my limits.

• Liz132
    by Liz132
    November 19, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Yes, I would.

• dawnjohnson5
    November 19, 2012 at 11:52 AM
    Of course.

I already have my cousins son.
  • mom2priceboys
    November 19, 2012 at 11:54 AM

family member is too vague - grandchildren YES!!! His sisters kids - NO!!! My sisters kids - maybe but...

• blessed107
    November 19, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I'm helping raising my grandson, not to keep him out of the system but because I love him and to allow my daughter time to finish school and get her degree.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts