Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
jeannie39
Would you save these children?
November 19, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I was reading another post and it got me to thinking. If your adult children could not or would not raise their kids, would you step in and raise them? I know people who could have kept their grandchildren from going into state custody, but wouldn't.I also know people who are raising grandchildren, now. I'm not judging, in any way. I know what I would do but I'm curious about why some people will and some won't.

* I'm not saying a child that goes into the system needs saving, I'm just needed a title and it worked.

Would you raise a family members child/children to keep them from ending up in "The System"?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 94% - If yes, why?
  2. 5% - If no, why?

Replies

• andersongirl562
    November 19, 2012 at 11:41 AM
    Yes because they are family
  • JDmommyJD
    I have a feeling my sister will lose her kids one day. I have 5 kids and want no more. But, if it.were to happen i would take them. Family is family. No one gets forgotten.

Quoting SevenKisses:

I would take them, yes. I have considered taking my sisters for awhile. I am sure she won't end up keeping them forever.

• dirby1988
    Yes i would becuz they would be family and i would think my fam would do the same for me but i highly doubt they would.
  • Baybeelove88
    November 19, 2012 at 11:42 AM
    If they needed us, we would be there. That's what family is for.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    November 19, 2012 at 11:43 AM
    I had my nephew for a month to keep him out of the system. We knew my sister though amd she wouldn't improve herself if she her son was safe with us so we worked to get her into a correctional place for families. She is clean(alcohol problem) for awhile amd has her own place now and is doing good.
  • lonelygirl_72
    November 19, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I most definately would and I just kept my grandson for a month while my daughter got things together.I love my grandson to pieces and I could never let him go into the system.He is my world and the new grandbaby coming in Feb will be as well

• wittyscreenname
    November 19, 2012 at 11:44 AM

In a heart beat.

I feel that family helps family.

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    November 19, 2012 at 11:46 AM

I took in my cousin's children for a few months (we had no idea if it would be months or years or if she would ever get them back) last year.  That put me at having an 8y/o, a 3y/o, two 2 y/o, a 3m old and a 6wk old. 

Yeah, I'd do it.

• Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    November 19, 2012 at 11:46 AM
    I said yes but I don't know how I'd be able to do it. I wasn't the best parent to the two I raised with having major depression.
  • kmjmlj
    by kmjmlj
    November 19, 2012 at 11:47 AM
    I tried but it didn't work out. They weren't suppose to have contact but would come over any way to try to take the baby. Threatened us, break into the house, and other stuff. I thought keeping him with family was better even if that meant no contact with my sister and her dead beat dh who was the one who hurt the baby. I had to give him after only a month it was for the best. I had my own kids to worry about. They come before my nephews and neices.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN