Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Jc Pennys (or JCP) is not a store for "breeders"
by Anonymous
November 19, 2012 at 8:23 AM

The JCP in my area has gotten a new look. Gangsta and gay.  They got rid of all their maternity right after I got pregnant. And just a couple weeks ago I missed my chance on buying a maternity bra. They should just get rid of the childrens and baby section too. It used to be a family store. Not anymore. Now it sucks! 

To clarify:Gangsta : South Pole...more and more of it

Gay: no mens sizes...all small. One style of clothing!  And dont even get me started on the colors! lol. And the rainbow tie display..too funny. 

Getting rid of maternity and nursing bras: obvious

Oh and the term "breeders" is NOT my term! Its used by gay people. And yes, I have experience with this...lol

Replies

• carter210
    November 19, 2012 at 8:28 AM
    Breeder? Gangster? Gay?!

Um... You need a thesaurus.
  • stykir
    by stykir

i noticed when i was pregnant a lot of stores  have been getting rid of their maternity departments. i don't get it cause women are always going to be pregnant, it's not like that's a market that will go away. our mall had several stores i could shop at in my first pregnancy and by the end of my second they were all basically done. though i think Macy's just opened theirs back up. i have no idea where you're supposed to shop though. i hate online shopping for clothes!

• JBiiirdD
    This. They have a "new" line there that has the cutest pieces that I bought. & they redid the layout of the store. It looks much nicer & more shoppable.

Quoting smushy79:

I think that our local JCP has actually gotten better and I am neither "gangsta or gay."

• twinners.mama
    November 19, 2012 at 8:29 AM
    Exactly! Ours also still has a small maternity section, but you normally have to go online for most maternity options from any store. I love JCP and love the new stores!

Quoting smushy79:

I think that our local JCP has actually gotten better and I am neither "gangsta or gay."

• smushy79
    November 19, 2012 at 8:30 AM

I have found some really nice work tops there recently and they were like $15 a piece. I was loving it, lol!

Quoting JBiiirdD:

This. They have a "new" line there that has the cutest pieces that I bought. & they redid the layout of the store. It looks much nicer & more shoppable.

Quoting smushy79:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 19, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Its not nice here anymore.Its trying to go from sales and good deals for families to a very high end store like Macys.There is barely anything to choose from esp in the childrens section.I can see them going out of business.Every time Ive been there since the change,there are only 1 or 2 people shopping in there.My new fav store is Kohls.Atleast they give coupons and Kohls cash.There is a pr of boots at JCP that I want for $89,no way Im paying that if I can save $$ elsewhere.

• momto3infl
    November 19, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Ours still have children's and infant area-but the womens and mens dept are hardly anything.  I agree I was always able to find good cloths there for my teen and myself not anymore.

• brettsmomma
    November 19, 2012 at 8:33 AM

I love their dress selection now.

• LoriLou75
    You are just all sorts of politically incorrect this morning aren't ya? I think I know what "look" you mean by gangsta, but what does gay look like? Why would you refer to yourself as a breeder? Do you like being lumped in with cattle?
  • NoahandEliza
    Hmmm, have you considered that these types of clothes you refer to are just "in" right now? And that not enough people shopped their maternity section to make it worth having one in that store?

Mom Confessions