Mom Confessions

lowencope
Who is taking over for hostess ???
November 19, 2012 at 8:12 AM
We know all our snack cakes are going away but don't u think someone else will take over and make them?

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 19, 2012 at 8:13 AM

I heard this am that Groupa Bimbo is buying the company. 

• carter210
    November 19, 2012 at 8:13 AM
    I never liked Hostess. I love my Little Debbie's though! :)
  • Sandy418
    November 19, 2012 at 8:15 AM

no one. Hostess is closing down. Twinkies are their trade mark. Also no more wonder bread or ho ho's  or anything else they make.

• Candymonster
    November 19, 2012 at 8:16 AM

MEEEEEEEE I shall create the super twinkie...

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 19, 2012 at 8:17 AM
    They say they figure someone will buy part or all of the company.
  • Amanda52007
    November 19, 2012 at 8:17 AM
    Not true.

They are doing a liquidation sale, which means they will be selling their recipes and trademarks to the highest bidders for each snack cake.

Someone will buy it, take over, and produce the snacks. They just may be split up into different companies.

Quoting Sandy418:

no one. Hostess is closing down. Twinkies are their trade mark. Also no more wonder bread or ho ho's  or anything else they make.

• 0oSamanthaKayo0
    November 19, 2012 at 8:18 AM
    Most likely. Bimbo Bakeries USA, if it doesn't give them a monopoly. Google them, they own most of that market already....
    People are going crazy it isn't the first time Hostess has gone under.

Quoting Anonymous:

I heard this am that Groupa Bimbo is buying the company. 

• wonderwomanT08
    November 19, 2012 at 8:19 AM

you would think. Hostess has been here for so long and makes so much money someone has to snatch it up

• ff-princess
    November 19, 2012 at 8:21 AM

that's what DH said yesterday, it won't be long before someone buys the recipes or perfects them on their own and I'll have my suzy q's back.  and really, Oreo has a product called the cakester which is really close.  now just to find the little mini crullers for dds, I got the last bag yesterday, two boxes of coffee cakes, and two loaves of bread.  then we're screwed into finding new brands.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 19, 2012 at 8:21 AM
    There was talk in our paper the other day that kelloggs might be taking it over. I live in ceareal city (that's the nickname for battle creek) where all the big name cereal company's are.

Mom Confessions