Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
lowencope
Who is taking over for hostess ???
November 19, 2012 at 8:12 AM
We know all our snack cakes are going away but don't u think someone else will take over and make them?

Replies

• 0oSamanthaKayo0
    November 19, 2012 at 9:43 AM
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bimbo_Bakeries
  • Anonymous 7
    by Anonymous 7
    November 19, 2012 at 9:44 AM
    I've always preferred little debbie.

Quoting shivasgirl:

Walmart's Great Value generic Twinkies and Ding Dongs are better than Hostess and are not made with beef fat

• 0oSamanthaKayo0
    November 19, 2012 at 9:45 AM
    I just posted the wiki page, it has a list of the brands they own. DH works for bimbo bakeries in PA, is the only reason I know anything lol. I don't know much about monopolies and business but they do own a good chunk of the market.... i think they could buy the recipes but not the name?

Quoting Anonymous:

huh.  you learn something new every day!

Quoting 0oSamanthaKayo0:

Bimbo own entennmans...

Quoting Anonymous:

there are enough other competitors than bimbo that there's really no danger of a monopoly.  tastee kakes, little debbie, entemanns.  truly, when I think of Bimbo, I start hearing La Cucaracha in my head.

Quoting 0oSamanthaKayo0:

Most likely. Bimbo Bakeries USA, if it doesn't give them a monopoly. Google them, they own most of that market already....
    People are going crazy it isn't the first time Hostess has gone under.

Quoting Anonymous:

I heard this am that Groupa Bimbo is buying the company. 

• 4kidsmommy
    November 19, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Just watched the news this morning....it maybe going to a company in Mexico. Isn't that nice! 

• 0oSamanthaKayo0
    November 19, 2012 at 9:57 AM
    It was originally a mexican company. They branched here. They have factories here. Employing americans.

Quoting 4kidsmommy:

Just watched the news this morning....it maybe going to a company in Mexico. Isn't that nice! 

• Anonymous 8
    by Anonymous 8
    November 19, 2012 at 9:59 AM

The lizard people are taking over,  they want people nice and fat for eating when they finally take over!

• 4kidsmommy
    November 19, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Quoting 0oSamanthaKayo0:

It was originally a mexican company. They branched here. They have factories here. Employing americans.

Quoting 4kidsmommy:

Please don't think that I am referring this to being racial, I never even thought of them as that. I was repeating what the news had said!

• 0oSamanthaKayo0
    November 19, 2012 at 10:18 AM
    No i didn't take it like that. It looked like you thought they were outsourcing to Mexico, maybe I read it wrong.

Quoting 4kidsmommy:

Quoting 0oSamanthaKayo0:

Quoting 4kidsmommy:

Please don't think that I am referring this to being racial, I never even thought of them as that. I was repeating what the news had said!

• cutiepie3738
    November 19, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I saw a lot of hostess items at wal mart labeled great value they had twinkies, ding dongs etc. so maybe walmart will take over

• 4kidsmommy
    November 19, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Quoting 0oSamanthaKayo0:

No i didn't take it like that. It looked like you thought they were outsourcing to Mexico, maybe I read it wrong.

Quoting 4kidsmommy:

Quoting 0oSamanthaKayo0:

Quoting 4kidsmommy:

I can see that you read it the other way. Sometimes I may come off as rude. Lol. But I'm not. I think that it would be kinda great to keep them around instead of someone literally paying 3 million dollars for 4 boxes of twinkies. Now that is really really stupid.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts